Part 17

While Eleanore was fighting for her life in the hospital, somewhere else in London, there was an unaware mother of two tossing and turning in her bed desperately trying to get some sleep. Although, biologically she only had two kids, technically she had three. When Eleanore made the move from the States to London, Amanda Williamson became her guardian and the American girl became like her daughter.

After many attempts to fall asleep, it was clear to the older woman that she was not getting any. Something in her told her that something was off, but she couldn't put her finger on it. When her phone suddenly started to ring she definitely couldn't shake the feeling. Call it a mothers instinct.

"Hello" She answered with a crack in her voice indicating that she was at least trying to fall asleep.

"Is this Amanda Williamson speaking?"

"Yes, this is her. Can you please tell me who this is?" The unnerving feeling only grew bigger as time went by.

"I'm calling from The Royal Hospital in London. I'm calling in regards to Miss Queen."

"Eleanore?! What happened?!" If she wasn't wide awake before, she definitely is now.

"Miss Queen was involved in a car crash and sustained significant injuries to her head and upper body. She's in surgery as we speak." The woman on the other side explained calmly.

"What?! How?! Is she going to be okay?!"

"Ma'am, I think it's best you come to the hospital right away."

With that Amanda ended the call and rushed out of bed with a speed that even the flash would look like a snail. While getting dressed and briefing her husband, she knew that she now had the hard task of breaking the news to her other two children.

Everyone who knew the Williamsons family, knew about the bond between the children and the young American. The moment she'd arrived, she became part of the family. She knew it was gonna be hard for Jacob, but she feared Leah's reaction the most. Ever since they've met, the two were inseparable, bound to the hip so there would be no doubt that this news would hit Leah the hardest.

Daan's pov

The clock struck midnight and instead of being in bed like most people at this time, we were all gathered around the kitchen table, impatiently waiting for Ellie to come home. Earlier on the day, she got picked up by Jacob and told us that she would be home later but she still wasn't.

Leah was staring at the clock while Beth was pacing the floor. Jordan was just looking at them both trying to come up with an idea to calm all of us down even though I knew she was stressing out just as much as the rest of us.

"Okay, it's midnight. We're calling!" Beth suddenly said, grabbing her phone from the counter.

"No use. I tried that already. It goes straight to voice-mail." I sighed.

"Maybe we should call the others on the team, maybe they've heard from her?" Jordan tried.

"If she's still out with Jacob and she didn't call us, I doubt that she called one of our friends." Beth snapped at Jordan.

"Babe, calm down. She's only trying to help."

"Yeah, I know." Beth mumbled. "Sorry Jordan. I'm just worried. She always calls to tell us if she stays over unexpectedly."

Beth's right. If Eleanore changed her plan and decided to stay with Jacob, she would have called us. Something was wrong and the fact that we had our suspicion about their relationship, scared me to the core.

"We could call Jacob?" Leah said barely above whisper. We all looked at each other. It was no secret that no friend of Ellies liked the guy, therefore none of us had the need to talk to him so we didn't have his number. All our looks changed when that realization dawned on us.

For a while there was a deadly silence among us until Leah's phone went off. We were all hopeful that that could've been Ellie until we saw the confusion on Leah's face.

"Mom? Something wrong? Why are you ca-" Leah picked up the phone but seemed to be cut off by presumably her mother. I watched her closely when she listened to her intently. All of a sudden the color of her face drained, making us all worry.

Leah just stood there frozen. Not moving a muscle, just staring in front of her with an unreadable expression. Jordan walked to her and took the phone out of her hands.

"Amanda, it's Jordan. What's wrong?"

All I could hear was 'Eleanor, it's Eleanore' and Jordan saying that we were on our way. She hung up the phone and looked at Beth and me. We looked at her for answers but she too seemed to be in some kind of shock not settling the nerves in my stomach.

"It's Ellie. She was involved in a car crash. We need to go to the hospital."