Part 66

It was the second day of our vacation and I had planned to show Alexia around. When we both had woken up and had breakfast together, I took her to the garage.

"You're gonna show me around on that?" She pointed to the Vespa parked in front of her. Her mouth was hanging open in surprise.

"Yeah." I walked past her and put the backpack that I had made with some snacks and drinks in the scooter.

"And you know how to drive that thing?" Alexia asked, still not convinced about our trip with the scooter.

"I do. I've been driving that thing for a long time." I smirked at her nervousness. It was cute.

"Okay." She gulped. It eased her worries a bit, knowing that I had done this multiple times before but still she couldn't help but be nervous.

"You trust me?" I went to stand in front of her.

"I do." She looked me right in the eye. There was no hesitation, whatsoever.

"I won't let anything happen." I smiled at her one last time and got on the scooter, driving it outside.

Alexia stood rooted in her place while I was waiting for her to get on. Instead she kept staring unsure at the vehicle.

"You do realize you have to get on in order to get somewhere, right?" I chuckled at the nervous girl.

Alexia scoffed at my remark but it successfully got her out of her staring match with my scooter. She eventually got on, instantly wrapping her arms tightly around my waist. Not that I was complaining.

"You're ready?" I looked back a bit so I could see her.

"No." She firmly replied, making me laugh internally.

"Hold on." I shook my head.

"Don't worry. That won't be a problem." She squealed at the end, tightening her grip on me when I decided to mess with her a bit and sped away without warning.

"I hate you." I heard her yell out, her face buried into my back.

"No you don't." I laughed, slowing down a bit.

"No, I don't." She mumbled, agreeing.

I had planned to drive to Biokovo, a mountain where the 'Skybridge' was located. It was a beautiful trip with the Vespa through the landslide of Dalmatia and the view at the Skybridge itself was also very nice.

The closer we got to our destination, the more comfortable Alexia seemed to get. Her arms were still tightly wrapped around me but it wasn't a dead grip anymore, a smile plastered on her face while she enjoyed the scenery and the breeze in her face.

Along the way we stopped a couple of times to drink or snack something or to simply enjoy the view and take some pictures together.

"And here we are." I parked the Vespa in front of the small building that blocked the view from the bridge a bit and took off my helmet, placing it on one of the mirrors.

While I was doing all that, Alexia made no move to actually get off the Vespa. Instead she remained seated with her arms wrapped around my waist and her head buried in my back again.

"You realize, you have to get off now, right?" I chuckled at the girl who was sitting behind me.

"I'm comfy." She mumbled

"I know but I can't drive the Vespa any further. If we wanna see the bridge, we have to get off here."

I heard a small sigh and I felt her get off. While I was parking the scooter, Alexia was looking at the stairs that led to the bridge with a smile, undoing her helmet.