Part 53

Just like we had discussed on the phone I met Alexia, Jenni and Virginia in the lobby of the hotel. I spotted Alexia first. Once she reached me she pulled me into a hug.

"Glad you came." I mumbled out to her.

"Of course."  She let go of the hug and turned a bit to Jenni so she could introduce herself.

The tall forward took a step closer. I held my hand out for her to shake. "Eleanore Queen." She pushed my hand away and just like Alexia she pulled me into a hug. 

"I know who you are. You're the one who scored the winning goal against us." I let go of the hug and looked sheepishly at the forward.

"Yeah that would be me. Sorry about that." I awkwardly scratched my neck.

"Nah, don't worry about it, it's all good. It's nice finally meeting you, I'm gonna look for Christen." She pointed inside.

"Likewise."

Jenni soon disappeared behind the doors of the room that held the party inside of it. Virginia was the last one to greet me.

"We meet again." She smirked at me.

"Seems so." I laughed. The older woman pulled me into a hug. "Great game tonight."

"Thanks."

"I'm gonna look for Jenni." Her smirk never left her face and she disappeared after Jenni when I turned back to Alexia.

"I like the shirt." I said, grabbing the hem of the shirt she was wearing. It was the one I gave her when we played each other.

"Yeah, I got it from the world's best football player. Maybe you know her? Her name is Eleanore Queen. Star midfielder for the US Women's National Team and soon Barca. She's pretty hot too if you ask me." A light blush made itself present on my cheeks while she looked at the shirt and then back at me.

"Doesn't ring a bell." I shook my head, making her laugh.

"Too bad. You would have liked her."

"Who knows." I laughed. "Wanna go inside and meet my family? Austin would kill me if he knew you were here and I wouldn't have told him "

Alexia giggled at that. "Sure. Seems like he has a favorite though." She winks at me.

"Can you blame him?" I thought in my head.

Alexia followed me inside, saying hello to a few teammates. It didn't take long though before one of my family members found us.

"Alexia! You're here!" Austin ran up to the Spaniard and jumped into her arms making her laugh.

"Austin! Be careful. You're gonna hurt the poor girl." My mother scoffed at the younger boy but that didn't stop him.

"It's okay." Alexia smiled at my mom. "Hola mija. Long time no see." She held him in her arms.

"How come you're here? I mean Spain is already out of the tournament." He asked her confused.

"I decided to stay a bit longer and watch some games. I thought your sister could use some extra support." She let go of Austin but he remained close to the Spaniard, like he was scared that if he would be too far away from her, she would disappear.

"She doesn't need the support because she is the best but she would really like that." He smiled at her and then at me.

"Oh, thanks buddy." I squeezed his shoulder. "Anyway. Mom, dad, minions, this is Alexia. She plays for Spain and Barcelona. Alexia, these are my mom Hellen, my dad, John and these minions are Austin, Penelope, Kelley, Matthew and Tom." I smiled at her.