Part 73

Ellie's pov:

It was six in the morning when I felt the sun shining into my eyes, making me groan. I wanted to get up to close the curtains but when I wanted to, I felt something hold me back.

When I opened my eyes I was shocked to find myself in Alexia's tight embrace. For a small moment I panicked. She was laying down on her back and I was laying on top of her. Her arms were securely wrapped around my waist, holding me in place.

I carefully wiggled myself out of her hold. It felt like I could finally breathe again. I had to admit that this was the best sleep I had in awhile. Nala sleeping with me helped but it was not the same as Alexia was with me.

I was not going to complain though because I had fewer nightmares with the small dog beside me so she would have to do for now.

Going back to sleep wasn't an option so I decided to go for a walk. I put on some joggers, a comfy sweater and grabbed Nala's leach. Five minutes later we both were out the door.

It was still dark out but it wasn't so cold. Nala and I walked peacefully to a nearby park. They had a small piece of land that had a fence around it where the dogs were allowed off the leash.

Alexia and I would come here often. We would sit on a bench while Nala would run freely, having the time of her life.

I was watching Nala running around, chasing a bird when my phone went off.

Bibi 🤍
Hola chica, do you have plans tomorrow?

Queenie 👑
No I don't.

Bibi 🤍
Well you do now.

Queenie 👑
I'm guessing that I have plans with you.

Bibi 🤍
Jup. We're going to the beach. I'll force the others too. See you in a bit 😘

Queenie 👑
See ya ✌️😘

In the process of putting my phone away I noticed that it was time to go back home. I called Nala over and put her leash back on so we could make the walk back.

Once we approached our building Nala suddenly got really excited. It was only when I spotted Maria at the entrance that I got why. 

"Hey there cutie, how are you doing?" She bent down to give the small dog all her love and attention. 

"Well, thank you." I smirked at the older lady. 

"I was talking to the dog mija." She stood back up with a smirk that matched mine.  

"Figured." 

"Buenos días mija. ¿Cómo estás?" María closed the gap between us and pulled my into a motherly hug. 

"Buenos dias." I mumbled into her shoulder. "I'm good you?" I let go so I could properly look at her. 

"Are you sure?" She held me at arms length and inspected my features a little bit closer this time. 

"It looks like you've been hit by a bus. Did you sleep enough?" She said joking but with a hint of seriousness and worry. She tried to place her hand on my forehead to check for any temperature. 

"Why thank you." I glared at the lady. "But I'm fine, don't worry. I just didn't sleep well last night. Tomorrow we have a day off. Me and the girls are going to the beach, I can rest there." I swatted her hand away and I tried to speak in the best Spanish I could manage. As of lately I've been trying to speak more Spanish so I can learn faster which my friends found hilarious.