Part 99

A/N: Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great day? Enjoy the chapter and let me know what you think 😊

AttackRy congrats mate 🥳

When Jana and I were both ready, we said our goodbyes to everyone and went to her place. She helped me get ready for my date. Ale had told me to dress casual but Jana insisted that I at least should make Alexia drool.

When she was applying the last of the make up, there was a knock on the door. Jana rushed to the door and told Ale to wait in the living room and that we would be there soon.

She rushed back with a glint in her eyes and told me about how nervous Alexia looked. A couple of minutes later, she finished my make up and guided me into the living room to meet up with Ale who's mouth slightly dropped when she saw me.

"Is this okay? I know you said casual but." I stammered out, suddenly feeling very nervous under her stare.

"It's fantastic. You look amazing." She lovingly kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand so we could leave.

"I want her home by eleven!" Jana yelled right before we were to leave the living room, making the older Spaniard stop in her tracks and spin around.

"What?" I thought you were going home with me?" She asked me confused.

"Chill. I am. She's just messing with you." I patted her chest, telling her to get a move on while Jana looked at her with a smug smile, satisfied with how easy it was to rile her up.

"Bye. Have fun." She yelled after us before we were out of the door.

The drive to what turned out to be the most talked about restaurant in town, didn't take long. I looked at the entrance of the building from the car in awe. Now that she parked the car, my curiosity got the better of me.

"How did you pull this off? Mapi is dying to come here. She's been trying since it opened a few weeks ago." We got out of the car and went inside.

"Alba used to go to school with the owner." Alexia explained while she told the waitress her name so she could check our reservations.

"So you called in a favor." I laughed.

"Kind of." She shrugged her shoulders. "I hope you like it." She nervously smiled at me while we were waiting for the waitress to show us to our seats.

"I love it, don't worry." I placed a quick kiss on her lips before turning around and following the waitress to our table. The table was set in a separate room that was for us alone.

We fell into easy conversation and talked some more about football, some gossip about our teammates and Alexia's family until the topic changed towards me.

"Do you miss home?" She asked curiously, wondering if I ever regretted leaving it.

"Sometimes but honestly I haven't lived there for so long that I don't even remember what it's like anymore." I shrugged, taking another bite from my pasta. Alexia patiently waited for me to continue.

"Don't get me wrong, LA will always be my home and so will London. You have to like the place where you live but I've learned that it's the people that count." I smiled at her.

She returned the smile and had the softest look in her eyes. One that made my heart melt.

"Is Barcelona your home?" She softly asked me.

"Yes." I answered her without hesitation.

"Because of who?" She dared to ask. She was confident of the answer I would give her but I couldn't help but spot a bit of insecurity in it.