Part 65

A/N: For the ones who are currently sad about the Barca game. I hope this cheers you up a bit.

Two hours later, we were walking around the Barcelona Airport. Alexia was still frustrated and annoyed while I was trying not to take it personal.

"I can't believe we're going on a vacation during the pre season when we're supposed to be preparing for the season." Alexia grumbled, dragging her suitcase behind.

"Well you better believe it." I kept looking straight ahead, ignoring the brunette beside me.

"Can you at least tell me where we're going?" She asked, annoyed. I didn't reply, instead I got in line and pointed to the screen above the check in desk.

"Croatia?"

"Yeah, now stop complaining and accept the free vacation." I said, doing my best not to show the frustration that was slowly building up inside of me.

Alexia's mood got slightly better but it was still clear that she wasn't comfortable with leaving during a time that we were supposed to be building the team.

Once we landed, we went to grab our bags and were on our way out. Alexia just followed me in silence but confusion was written all over her face, wondering how I found my way so easily in the airport here in Split but she chose not to question it out loud.

I walked through the sliding doors of the airport that led to the parking lot, looking for the person that came to pick us up.

"Mala!" A voice was heard to our right. Alexia and I stopped in our tracks while I groaned, turning to the person who yelled at us.

"Ozbiljno, visok sam kao ti." (seriously, I'm as tall as you.) I grumbled at the boy that was standing next to his car.

"I starija." (And older.) He smirked at me, getting a glare in return.

"Shut up." I growled. Alexia just kept looking confused at the interaction between the two of us.

"You Americans, so dramatic." He grabbed mine and Alexia's suitcase. Alexia only reluctantly let go of hers, while I just scoffed at the boy.

"I'm guessing you two know each other?" She raised her eyebrows, looking intently at our interaction.

"Sadly." I sighed while the boy grinned at the Spaniard and said "you could say that.".

She couldn't help but feel slightly jealous. For all she knew I could have dated the boy. She knew I had kissed girls before but she didn't know anything more.

"And you guys dated?" She couldn't help herself. The guy and I looked at each other in disgust.

'Iew! No!' And 'Definitely not.' Were the clear answers causing Alexia to be very confused and curious.

"She's way too dramatic and bossy for me." He smirked at me.

I playfully scoffed and punched him on the shoulder. "Alexia, Mario. Mario, Alexia." I quickly introduced the two. "He's basically my brother."

"It's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman like yourself." Mario grabbed Alexia's hand and kissed it. Now the roles were reversed, now it was my time to be jealous.

"Yeah, you're not her type." I grabbed her hand and dragged her to Mario's car. He was left standing there with our bags and the biggest grin on his face.

A short drive later, we arrived at the house that my parents owned. It was located in a small town not so far from the city and near the beach.

"Here you go. You're sure you'll be fine? I can drive you to get groceries if you want." Mario asked me for the billionth time. I rolled my eyes at him. I knew he meant well but I'm the older one, I should be the one looking after him not the other way around.