Part 35

A couple of days later it was time for us to face Spain. Alexia and I had texted non stop. Every free minute was spent talking to her. Mason occasionally texted but you could still feel the tension between the two of us. I just hoped that once I would see him, that would be all gone.

The game against Spain was a lot better than the one against France. Still I felt like there was a lot of work to be done but at least we were walking away with a win. I was even more motivated than usual seeing that my family was there to support me.

After celebrating a bit with the team I walked over to the family section in search of my family. It wasn't hard to spot the 4 year old bouncing up and down, waving his hands in the air like a little cute maniac.

"Ellie!"

Before I knew it he launched himself forward into my arms, only the railing separating the two of us. I lifted the small boy over it and took him fully into my arms, nodding to my parents that it was okay.

"Hey there, buddy. Did you enjoy the game?"

"You assisted Chrissy!"

"Yes I did."

"I've missed you." He clung even tighter around me than I thought he possibly could, burying his head into my neck.

"I've missed you too, kiddo. Wanna walk around with me? I have to greet the fans." I felt him nod against my neck.

I walked around the stadium with the little boy on my hip, signing autographs and taking pictures. Seeing that it was already quite late, it wasn't a surprise that Austin was starting to fall asleep in my arms.

Immediately after the game Alexia was pulled into an interview so when I went to greet Austin she was busy. Now I was hoping that she had finished her media duties so Austin could meet her. Looking around the field, I finally met those brown eyes I was looking for. She instantly understood why I was looking for her.

"Hey, sweet boy. Before you fall asleep there is someone I would like you to meet."

This instantly grabbed the attention of the 4 year old in my arms. He moved his head out from my neck and curiously looked up at me. Without really saying anything I just turned towards the brunette that was walking up to us.

"Hola cariño, you must be Austin. I'm Ale-"

"Oh my God, you're Alexia Putellas! You're the star midfielder from Spain and Barcelona! Ellie! It's Alexia Putellas! Do you know who that is?!" He wiggled excitedly in my arms. I just laughed at his excitement.

"Yeah, I do buddy." I smiled at the midfielder in front of me. 

"She is my second favorite player and she is also the second best player in the world!" He squealed. Alexia became curious and asked the boy the question that came to her mind.

"Well who's your number one then?"

Without even a slight hesitation he answered her, like it was the most logical thing in the world. "My sister. Who else?"

"You wanna know a secret?" She whispered to him. The boy eagerly nodded his head.

"She's my favorite too. I fully agree that she's the best player in the world."

Alexia's statement made me blush and I had no way of hiding it, seeing I still had Austin in my arms. Obviously, Alexia noticed. She smirked at me, satisfied with the effect she had.

"You wanna have my shirt?" She asked Austin, who immediately said yes.

"Hey! What about me? You said you wanted to swap shirts with me?"