Part 32

"Would you stop pacing around? You're making me dizzy." Dr Grey said, trying to stop me from running a hole in the floor.

"I'm just nervous."

"That's completely normal, but everything's gonna be fine. She is the best of the best. She will help you through this."

"I hope so."

The doors of the room I was in burst open. In walked a lady who was neatly dressed in a skirt that reached just above her knees and a dressed blouse. She held her hand out for me to shake it.

"Good afternoon. I'm Annelise Keating. We talked through the phone." I took her hand and introduced myself.

"Eleanore Queen."

"Alright, Miss Queen. If you're ready I like to start at the beginning. I need you to tell me the full story and I mean I want to know everything. No detail is too small." I looked at the woman, completely overwhelmed. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

Apparently, Annelise could read me because she instantly started to reassure me.

"Look I know this is all overwhelming. Take your time and just know I'm not here to judge you. I'm here to help you put that son of a bitch behind closed bars."

I took one final deep breath to try and calm myself down. Then just like I did with Alexia, I told Annalise the whole story. Like she told me, I didn't hold back on the details.

After an hour or so I was finally done. Dr Grey handed me a bottle of water.

"Thanks Dr Grey."

"Call me Meredith." She gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze and sat back down in the chair next to me.

"Thank you for your story Eleanore. You did good. I will prepare the case and we can go to the police together to press charges. Then after that we can work on a statement to go public."

"No, I don't wanna go public. I want to solve this privately." Both Meredith and Annelise shared a look with one other.

"Eleanore, first of all keeping it private is going to be very difficult seeing as you both are public figures. And secondly he's been dragging your name through the mud. I strongly advise you to take this opportunity to clear your name."

"No. I'm not ready for the whole world to know. Please, I'm not ready for that."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. I'll pass this on to the police and I'll call you when I have more."

We all stood up and shook hands. Now it was just Meredith and I left. She swung her arm around my shoulders and pulled me a little closer to her.

"I'm proud of you. You did great today."

"Thanks. For everything."

"No problem."

Upon arriving home, Alexia called me. I parked my car in front of my house and decided to stay in it and pick up the phone.

"Hola, how did the meeting with the lawyer go?" Was the first thing she asked when I had finally picked up.

"Uh good, it went well. It was hard though. I still don't like talking about it but like you said, it's time." I sighed. For me, talking to a lawyer, pressing charges, telling my whole story again, was a big step and without Alexia I'm not sure if I would have done it.

"I'm so proud of you. He's gonna get what he deserves. He will get punished."

"I hope so. I'm really ready for this to be over."