Part 135

A/N: Happy monday! Sorry we skipped a monday but last monday i went out with friends and did not return untill the next day ;) but to make it up to you all enjoy this chapter AND keep your eyes peeled to the app is all I can say ;) Love you all and have a wonderful week! ❤️

A new camp, a new coach. This would mean a new start for the whole team and I was determined to make a good impression but before I was even in Columbus, the stupid plane decided otherwise.

Vlatko already wasn't happy with me playing against Levante, which meant I would arrive a day later than my other teammates and now my flight was delayed as well.

I was rushing through the airport of Columbus, trying to get to the arrivals section as fast as I could in search of the staff member that was assigned to pick me up.

In the crowd I spotted a man in his mid thirties, wearing a USA track suit. He held out a sign with my name on it, like if the track suit wouldn't give him away. I let out a breath I was holding and rushed over to the man.

"Hey, I'm Eleanore. I'm" but he didn't let me finish, instead his uninterested expression changed into an annoyed one.

"You're late." Was all he said, while he simply turned around and started to walk away without even sparing me one glance.

"New camp, New coach, New start." I muttered to myself. As fast as I could I scrambled to grab my bags and hurried after the man.

"I know. I'm sorry, my flight was delayed." I said once I had caught up with him but my apology fell on deaf ears.

"You should have taken the first flight, like everyone else." He simply said, unlocking the car and getting in.

I froze and blinked a few times, trying to process what he said. The man however didn't care, he just sat in the car waiting for me to get in as well. I cleared my throat and shot back into action, placing my bags in the trunk of the car.

"New camp, New coach, New start." I mumbled once again to myself when I closed the trunk.

"You're late and it's unprofessional." The man said once again when I entered the car.

"Like I said, I'm sorry, my flight got delayed." I apologized again but this time it was a bit harder to not let my frustration get the better of me.

"Don't let it happen again. This is your first strike." He mumbled and started the car. Speechless, I sat down in the car and buckled up for what would be a very tense and awkward car ride.

Luckily the hotel wasn't too far away from the airport so the awkward car ride didn't take too long. The atmosphere was almost suffocating so once the man had parked the car, I rushed out, grabbed my bags and went in search of Vlatko to retrieve my key card.

"You're late." Was the first thing he said once he saw me walk in the dining hall. Not a 'hey, how are you doing?' Or a 'hey, nice to see you.' Nope, simply a 'you're late.'

New camp, New coach, New start.

"I'm sorry. My flight got delayed." I tried to apologize but our new coach wouldn't accept it that easily, leaning back in his chair.

"You should have taken an earlier flight. This is unprofessional. I expect better from you." He sternly told me, glaring slightly.

In a spam of maybe a half-hour, I got scolded twice for something I didn't even have control over. First by apparently our assistant coach and then by my new coach.