Part 70

It was time to go back to Spain again. We ended up beating Portugal with four to nil and with that our camp came to an end. There was only one more game left in October before Jill would officially step down as our coach but as for now it was time to go home.

I was waiting on Alexia in the Barcelona airport to come pick me up. I had told her that I could also ask Mapi or Leila to do it but she insisted so I agreed which made me quite nervous.

Alexia and I hadn't really spoken with each other ever since our kiss, well more like our make out session. Besides the occasional text or the 'hey, how are you doing?' There was no communication whatsoever, so I had no idea where we stood.

"Hey there stranger." I heard from behind me. I turned around and there she was, the girl that I so desperately wanted to get over.

"Hey." I was surprised when she pulled me into a hug but I hugged her back nonetheless. I missed her hugs to be honest.

For the first time that I have got to know her there was this awkward tension around us. It never happened before but then again I had never kissed her until a couple of days ago.

"How was your camp?" Alexia tried to make small talk on our way to the car.

"It was alright. It's weird to know that there is just one more game left until Jill officially steps down as our head coach." I sighed out. Alexia unlocked the car when we had reached it and I had put my stuff into the trunk.

"Do you already know who's gonna be replacing her?" She started the car and drove off towards our home once I got in the car.

"Apparently it will be the coach from Seattle." I shrugged.

"And how do you feel about that?" She asked curiously.

"I don't know. Don't know the guy so we will see what it brings." I stared outside the window and the rest from the car ride was spent in silence. Not a word was said and like I mentioned earlier, for the first time since I had met her it felt a bit awkward.

"Finally! How long does it take to pick someone up from the airport?" Was said the minute I opened our apartment door, effectively scaring the shit out of me. Much like the first time I walked into the apartment when I had moved here, I stumbled back into Alexia who held me up.

"Thanks." I mumbled, quickly getting back on my feet.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alexia asked the Spaniard, currently standing in our living room unannounced.

"Waiting." Mapi casually said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"On what? To kill me?" I asked while I grabbed my stuff again and walked up to Mapi, Alexia hot on my tail.

"On you!" Leila yelled from somewhere in the apartment, by the sound of it she was raiding the kitchen.

Mapi ignored our friend and pulled me into a hug and welcomed me home. After Mapi, Leila appeared like I had expected out of the kitchen, munching on god knows what and pulled me into a hug too.

"We gave you that key for emergencies only." Alexia deadpanned at the two Spaniards, walking into the living room as well. On her way over she dropped the bags she was carrying at my door.

"It was an emergency. I had to miss my best friend and now she's back so I wanted to see her and I knew you had snacks." Leila smiled proudly at Alexia and showed her my snacks.

"Hey! These are mine." I pointed at the snack in her hand and tried to snatch them from her but failed, making the girl smirk at me.

Alexia just smiled at Leila and mine's antics and moved to the kitchen to get everyone something to drink. Both Leila and Mapi saw this as the perfect opportunity to talk some sense into me.