Part 107

A/N: What's up guys? Happy Monday. Buckle up because it's gonna be an intense chapter! Hope you all are well and see you guys soon 😉

Game day. We had traveled to Sevilla for what would be our last game before our international break. The next day I would fly out to the States to join my national teammates.

Not only were it the last two games of our victory tour, it was also the last two games with Jill as a coach. The woman had her flaws, not gonna lie but she got the job done and she was the one who gave me a chance.

But before my focus would be on the national team, I still had a game to play with Barcelona. Arriving at the stadium, we went to the locker rooms and then did our pitch inspection.

Ever since I joined Mapi during her pitch inspection against Atlético, I became part of her and I guess now my routine. We would walk around the pitch and then pick a spot where we would crouch down to pat the grass. Today was no different.

Once back in the locker room, Lluís informed us of the starting line up. The lineup was pretty solid. Sandra in goal. The defenders in this game would be Melanie, Mapi, Andrea and Marta.

Aitana and Patri were being rested so Alexia and Kheira would join me in midfield. Ale would be on the left, Kheira as the central midfielder and I would take the right side.

Unlike the other games, Lluís asked us to stick to our positions this time. We had only really practiced our strategy with Aitana, Patri, Ale and I. Kheira hadn't really tried it out just yet and Lluís didn't want to take any risk in losing points so early on in the season.

From the minute the game started it was clear that it was gonna be a hard game. Not being able to play as free as we were used to, made it even harder.

Nonetheless Jenni managed to put us up top after forty minutes of playing. From there on it were trying our best to control the game and to play our best football.

Near the end of the second half, after a beautiful built up, Marta played the ball right into my path. I only had one more defender in front of me and the goalie but in the corner of my eye, I saw Kheira standing near the box unmarked.

I was about to control the ball and pass it up to Kheira when someone's studs collided with my ankle and send me flying to the ground.

"Ella!" I heard Ale yell from somewhere on the field.

I buried my face into the grass and groaned. My eyes were pressed shut, trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my ankle and shoulder when I felt a hand on my back.

"Mi amor, are you okay?" Ale's worried voice rang through my ears while I heard Mapi going off to the defender who had fouled me. 

"Peachy." I groaned, I slowly rolled over so I laid on my back.

Ale chuckled but soon stopped and her eyes widened when she saw Mapi pushing the defender this time. The ref, having a very hard time to separate the two players.

"Go. She needs you more than I do." I said, still laying down and not able to see what my best friend was doing but I had a pretty clear idea.

Ale rushed off and I heard her intervene, trying to prevent Mapi from getting sent off the field. I slowly sat up again when Kheira walked up to me and held out her hand. For a brief second I looked at her confused but didn't think much of it so I accepted the gesture.

What looked like a friendly gesture between teammates, was only a facade for Kheira to whisper something in my ear.

"Next time get me that ball." And with a small discreet glare she walked away to take her place.