Part 43

I was anxiously waiting for Mason to arrive. The boy was supposed to be here at three and now it was already six. Normally I wouldn't mind though. He did say he had some errands to run but with the conversation we are about to have it just sucked.

In the midst of making myself a coffee, I heard the front door open. Mason walked in with a big smile on his face. He walked up to me and gave me a kiss.

"Hey love."

"Hey." My smile didn't seem to match his though. I stopped with what I was doing and turned my attention to him but before I could say anything he interrupted me.

'So I have great news. As you know my contract with Derby is about to expire and Chelsea wanted to meet up with me to discuss said contract."

I already had a feeling where this was going. I tried to interrupt him because I had a feeling this was going to make my news ten times worse.

"Mase." I tried but he wouldn't listen.

"Today I met up with them. We discussed their plans and whether or not I fitted in with them."

"Mason." I said a little louder this time but again it was in vain.

"They want me on their team Ellie! I'm gonna be part of their team." He said. He was happy, excited.

"I'm leaving Arsenal." I softly said. This seemed to grab the attention from the boy on the other side of the table. He looked at me confused, processing what I had just said.

"What?"

"I'm leaving Arsenal." I repeat myself.

"Why? You love Arsenal! You love London!"

"I do but after everything that has happened, everything is finally settling down again and I just need to start over. I need to start fresh." I told him.

"Okay, okay, I get that. I can talk to Chelsea. I can get you on their women's team."

"Mase, stop, you're not understanding." I shook my head at him, totally missing what I had just said.

"Don't worry, it's fine. They'll give you a spot. They'll trust my judgement."

"Mason! Stop!" He stopped rambling and fumbling with his phone. He looked at me now.

"I'm not going to Chelsea. Once a gunner, always a gunner." I looked at him like he was crazy. Does the boy even know me?

"Okay, there are tons of teams here you can play for. City, Everton or United? There in the WSL next year right. You could play for them. Help them build a strong team."

There was this look in his eyes that I didn't recognize. It was a mix between desperation, hope and anger and I was the cause of it.

"I'm not just leaving Arsenal, Mason. I'm leaving England. I don't want to play for another English team other then Arsenal and I had a great offer. One that I can't refuse. I-" I tried to explain to him but he cut me off.

"Where?" He said in an icy calm voice. The way he said it, the way his demeanor changed scared me to no end.

"Spain." I barely got out. I looked at the ground ashamed to meet his eyes. Right now it felt like I was a disappointment. It took him a minute to process what I had just said but when it kicked in he was furious.

"Spain?! You're going to Spain?!" He yelled at me, making me flinch. "You're going to Spain and you didn't think to discuss this with me? Your boyfriend?"

"It's not like that, I am discussing this with you now." But he didn't listen. He just kept yelling.

"I'm going to Chelsea for you! I'm coming back to London to be with you and how do you thank me? By leaving the fucking country for your stupid career!"