Part 28

I had just touched down in North Carolina for the start of the Concacaf Cup. Technically it wasn't my first time back since my injury but that still didn't settle my nerves in the slightest.

"The Queen returns! Everyone watch out because that cup is ours now!" Someone yelled, making me chuckle.

"Sup, Pinoe?" The older forward pulled me into a tight hug.

"I've missed you kid." She tightened the hug once more. "I'm glad you're back on the field with us."

"Me too." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"Queenie!" I raised my head from Pinoes shoulder and saw an eager looking Allie Long and Alex Morgan running our way. Before I could even comprehend what happened I was engulfed in a hug by both the midfielder and the forward.

"Rude!" I heard Pinoe yell when she got pushed out of the way.

"Shut up Pinoe, you had your time with the kid. Now it's our turn!" Allie shot back to a whining Pinoe. I laughed at my teammates' antiques and after a while I removed myself from their hug so I could meet up with the other players and staff members that had already arrived.

"Sofie! Long time no see." I smirked at the older physiotherapist.

"Keep it that way Queen. I love you but I don't want to see you in my room for anything but a massage after a game." I laughed at the therapist while doing our handshake.

"I keep that in mind." I chuckled.

"Yeah, do that. Ooh and thank me later."

"Why?" I was confused. "What for?

"You'll see." And just like that she walked away towards the coaching staff.

"Allright, listen up everybody. Don't worry I'll keep this short. Welcome to October camp with the Concacaf Cup. In less than a year we will be competing in the most important soccer event in the world. See this Concacaf tournament as a good preparation for that said event. So work hard, do your best but don't forget to enjoy yourself until the countdown for the world cup really starts." Jill spoke to us.

"So does that mean that we're allowed to have even more fun than in this camp?" I whispered to Kelley, who was standing next to me.

"That can be arranged." The defender smirked at me, sticking her fist out for me to side fist bump it.

"Allright that leaves us with the team meeting that will be held later tonight at 6pm. Don't be late." Jill said sternly while looking at some of the players. "And obviously the room assignments. When your name is called you can go."

Jill was handed a sheet with no doubtfully the room assignments and started listing the names of each room. I was not nervous about it because to me it didn't really matter who I was rooming with. I got along with everyone on the team.

"Sonnet and Lindsay." Jill said.

"YES!" Both girls screamed and did a little handshake.

"Eleanor and Kelley."  Jill said which surprised me. Me and Kelley were rarely allowed to room together for obvious reasons and those obvious reasons being were way too hard to handle when together.

Jill soon realized what she just had said. "Wait? What? No. Who made the room assignments? Those two should not room together!"

"Ooh come on coach. We promise to behave." I tried my best puppy eyes which I knew she couldn't resist.

"Yeah, what Queenie said. I promise we will behave." Kelley helped me out but I furrowed my eyebrows together at her words.

"We? You mean you right? I mean let's be honest here. I'm the kid, the baby but most of the time I'm keeping you in che- oof!!" Before I could finish my sentence I got hit in the stomach by Kelley telling me to shut up.