Part 48

I was trying my best to be quiet but that was apparently not really my strong suit. I had just switched into my workout clothes when I came out of the bathroom and crashed into the little table next to the desk.

"Aw, crap!" I whisper yelled, holding my knee. That fucking hurt more than I had thought it would.

"Ellie?" Jen looked up from her pillow still half asleep. "What are you doing so early?"

"Nothing, go back to sleep. I'm just going for a run."

"You're crazy." She mumbled before she fell back asleep.

I grabbed my belongings and went downstairs and started my run. After an hour or so I ended up at a small Cafe not far from the hotel. Outside Alexia was already waiting for me and just like me she was also in her workout clothes.

"Hola, Hermosa." Once I was close enough, the Spaniard kissed my cheek and pulled me into a hug. The hug felt warm and loving and didn't even get me started on that kiss. That kiss had way too much effect for my liking.

"Hey there, you went on a run too?" I pulled away a bit so I could look the older girl up and down.

"Yeah I did, it seems like we both had the same idea. How about tomorrow we go together?" She let go of me. I instantly missed her warm embrace.

"Yeah sure. Shall we go in?" I pointed towards the entrance of the Cafe.

She nodded and followed me in. We ordered our drinks and got settled in one of the booths in the back. The second we sat down, the conversation flowed between us.

"So are you excited for the new season with Barcelona?" She took a sip from her cup.

"Yeah, I actually am. I'm really looking forward to it but at the same time I'm nervous too."

"You don't have to be nervous. They'll love you. It was kind of funny hearing them talk about you all the time, them wishing for you to join us."

"And you didn't tell any of them?" I looked amused at the devilish smile on her face.

"Where's the fun in that?"

"I'm just not looking forward to packing everything up back in London. I've already done a big part of it but packing the final things makes it so, well final." I scrunched up my nose.

She laughed at my response. "Yeah, I guess you could say that. Have you already found a place to stay?"

"No not really and I think with the world cup that I won't find something on time. I guess I will just stay in a hotel till I do." I shrugged.

"What? No! Absolutely not. You are gonna quit looking for something and you will just stay with me." She firmly said to me, there was no room for discussion. I simply nodded at the girl. I've learned over time that if she had made up her mind there is no going back from that.

"How are you doing by the way?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm good. What do you mean?" She tried to play it cool.

"I mean how are you handling the loss of the final?" I glared at her. She sighed, clearly not wanting to talk about it.

"Honestly, after talking with you a lot better. What you said really helped me and now I'm okay with it. It still hurts but it's okay." She gave me a soft smile.

An hour or so later we both headed back to our hotels. I arrived in my room a little after nine. Jen was still sleeping. I decided to let her sleep a bit more and that I would wake her up after my shower.

After my shower I crouched down beside her bed. I gently shook her a bit.

"Hey Jenny, wake up. We gotta go down for breakfast."