Part 106

A/N: What's up everyone? Hope you're all having a good Monday? Me, not so much. Stress is getting to me and driving me crazy. Anyway, how excited is anyone for Ona to return home?! I love it! Although I think we have amazing defenders enough but for Ona I make an exception!

Enjoy the chapter!

Alexia's pov

Waking up before Ella is a rare thing. No matter the time she went to bed, she would almost always wake up before me so now that the roles were reversed, I would savor every second of it.

I admired the girl's beauty. She had her face almost buried deep into the pillow, laying on her stomach, her right arm loosely draped around my waist.

She laid there so peacefully. The tranquility around her amazed me. It was hard to believe that she could be a menace on the field and a troublemaker off it with just the right people around her.

After a while of simply laying there, watching her sleep, enjoying the small moment, I gently took a hold of her arm and carefully lifted it off me. I slipped out from under her hold and got out of bed. Her face immediately scrunched up in a cute way and she started to stir, stopping me in my tracks.

"No." She whined with her eyes still closed. "Don't go."

It was barely audible and subconsciously she reached out, making grabby hands. I held out my hand for her to grab. She immediately wrapped her hand around my wrist and tugged me back on the bed, making me chuckle.

I let myself fall on the bed, supporting my weight on my right arm while I softly brushed some hair that had fallen in front of her face out of the way. I left my left hand to rest on her cheek and gently caressed it.

"Go back to sleep, mi amor." I whispered in her ear before I left a sweet kiss at her temple.

She just hummed in content and snuggled closer to my pillow. Soft snores were heard again, indicating that she drifted off to sleep. I slowly pulled away and tip-toed out of the room.

"Oh hey." The American midfielder greeted me with a smile once I entered the kitchen.

"Hey." I smiled back and took a seat at the table.

"Hope you slept well." I looked at the American who held out a pot with presumably coffee. I nodded at her and she poured me some.

"I did. The week had flown by. I can't believe I'm flying back today." Kristie said and took a sip from her own cup while she sat down opposite me.

"She loved you being here. She hasn't said it out loud but she really missed you." I told the midfielder honestly.

Kristie looked up at me with a smile but it soon faded. She cleared her throat and placed her cup down.

"I need to apologize." She briefly clenched her jaw, clearly nervous about what she was going to say.

"Why?" I asked, confused. "You haven't done anything."

"For acting the way I did when I first met you." She explained but I shook my head at the girl.

I couldn't blame her. It must have been a surprise when she found out.

"You really shouldn't." I assured the girl but she wasn't having it

"Yes I should." She sternly said.

"I acted like a bitch. It's just that when I saw you standing there in your bra it wasn't that hard to put two and two together and the thought of Ellie dating scared me. She doesn't have the best track record when it comes to dating and I was determined that I would protect her this time." She looked me right in the eyes, never once did she look away while explaining herself, making sure that I saw her sincerity.