Part 60

'Bienvenido a Barcelona' that's what the sign said when I walked the halls of the Barcelona Airport. After months of waiting and preparation, I'm finally here. Not gonna lie, I'm slightly nervous.

I was walking around the airport trying to find my way to the exit. I only had a backpack and a small suitcase strolling behind me.

I was patiently waiting for Alexia to pick me up when I felt someone tuck my shirt. Turning around I was met by this cute little girl. She must have been six, maybe seven.

"Are you Eleanore Queen?" She shyly asked me.

"Yes I am. What's your name?" I crouched down in front of her.

"Emanuela." She blushed

"Waw, that's a pretty name for a pretty girl." I smiled at the young girl who beamed at my comment.

"Is it true you're going to play for Barcelona?" She eagerly asked.

"It is, that's why I'm here."

"Yes! ¡Mami, ella va a jugar en el Barcelona! ¡No es genial! ¡ahora van a ganar la liga de campeones seguro!" (Mom, she's going to play for Barcelona! Isn't amazing? Now there definitely going to win the champions league!) The little girl turns to her mom excitedly.

"I know mija, Isn't it great?" Her mom smiled at her excitement before turning to me. "I'm sorry for her excitement. You're her favorite player." She apologized.

"No worries. It's fine." I laughed. "So your mom tells me you're a fan?"

"I am. You and Alexia are the best players in the world and now you play for my favorite team too!" She grinned.

"You think I'm the best player in the world?"

"Of course you are. You were twelve when you got recruited by the Arsenal Academy, you made your debut with the senior team at the age of fifteen. In that debut, you gave two assists and managed to score as well." She rambled on.

"You were called up for the US Women's National Team in 2016 after the Olympics making you one of the youngest call ups in their history. This summer you became the 'player of the tournament' of the world cup. You scored eight goals and assisted twelve. So yes, you are the best player in the world." She finished her rant with a smile.

"Wow, you may think of me as the best player in the world but I'm pretty sure you're the best fan in the world. You seem to know me better than I know myself." I chuckled at the girl.

"You're my favorite so I'm supposed to know these things about you." She said, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Well I don't have a Barcelona kit just yet so this will have to do." I grabbed an US training jacket, cap and jersey out of my bag and put them on her. "There you go." I stepped back and looked at her.

"Mami, Mami look! How cool is this?! Now we're twins." The girl pulled at her mom's shirt and then looked back at me to point out I was wearing the same jacket and hat like I gave her.

"I would really like to invite you both to one of the Barcelona games? Maybe I can hook you up with some Barcelona gear then." I smiled at the girl again.

"That would be so cool! Mami, can we go!" She pleaded with her mom.

"Of course, if it isn't too much trouble for you. We don't want to be a burden." The mom told me.

"Of course not! It's settled then. Just email me at this address and I will forward you all the details." I handed her mom a card.

"Thank you so much for doing that." The mom thanked me again.