Part 21

It's now July and the team is getting ready for the tournament of nations. We had won our previous friendlies against Mexico and China and were ready for the actual tournament to start. On an even better note, I got the all clear from all my doctors so I was officially injury free as of a couple of days ago however they still warned me about the risks and not to push myself too hard from the beginning. I'd still had check ups throughout the rest of the year, just to be sure.

Today was my first training back with the team. I wasn't allowed on the field just yet and I still had a long way to go to actually get there, but I was happy to start my rehab in the gym.

(Picture of Ellie in the gym laughing)

Christenpress, alexiaputellas, and 202.403 liked this post

eleanoremqueen7 love this feeling. It's good to be back ✌️ even if it is in the gym 😅

@kelleyohara LFG baby!
@penelopequeen proud of you ❤
@leahwiliamsonn these are things I love to see 😍
@daniellevddonk hot 🔥
@uswnt ladies and gentlemen this is the moment you've waited for 🔥
@alexiaputellas glad to see you back at the pitch 😊

"Queen!" I heard Ali yell from the other side of the gym with her phone in hand. I looked up at the dark haired defender terrified, trying to think of something that I had done.

"It wasn't me! It was Sonnet!" I yelled standing up, pointing at the defender.

"Hey, way to throw me under the bus!" She glared at me.

"Yeah well I'm not taking responsibility when it comes to Ali." I sassed back.

"You didn't do anything… yet. Although this makes me wonder." The defender eyed us suspiciously. "Anyway, what I really wanted to ask you is, what's up with that Putellas girl commenting on your picture?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm, what are you talking about?" I asked her, confused. She showed me her phone with my insta on. When I saw the comment I froze. It's no secret that I'm a big fan so the comment on my post was a big deal for me even though I would never admit it.

"She's probably just being nice, Kriegs. It's just a comment." I told her.

"From a hot soccer player that doesn't even know you. I think there's more to it." She huffed.

"Whatever floats your boat." I turned around to walk back to Dawn before I turned back around to face her and yelled one last time "She is hot though." I smirked at her while I continued my workout with Dawn. My comment took her by surprise because it took a minute for her to process what I had just said. I didn't mean anything by it, I just knew it would rile her up.

"Queen!" She yelled before Jill made her resume her workout which I was glad for.

"Must you always rile her up that much?" Dawn asked me when I resumed my rehabilitation exercises.

"Yes I must." I smirked at her.

"Good, I'm glad to have you back." She simply stated.

After some hours in the gym the girls resumed their training outside on the pitch and my workout in the gym was done. However I wasn't ready for it to be over and persuaded Dawn to let me train for an extra hour. Perks of being the baby. The training wasn't as intense as it was the previous hours but I was glad with anything I could get.

When we were truly done Dawn told me to take a shower and went outside but I had different plans. Instead of taking a shower I thought it was a good idea to use one of the bikes in the gym for an easy spin. Doctor Torres and doctor Shepherd had told me those were good for my recovery so for the rest of the training I rode the bike. I needed to get back on that field.