Part 56

The party obviously continued on in the locker room which was completely made uswnt proved while we were outside playing with the confetti and greeting the fans.

Now we were inside and to say it was chaotic was just a complete understatement. When I walked in they gave me ski goggles.

"Ski goggles?" I looked confused at the thing in my hands. "You're aware we're in the middle of summer here in France. We can't ski until later in the year?" I looked at Jack, the staff member who had given me the goggles and gave them back to him, not sure what to do with them.

Before I knew it, I was drenched with champagne from head to toe by Sam Mewis and Sonnet, who were wearing the goggles. "MVP!!!!" they yelled.

I pressed my eyes shut, desperately trying to stop my eyes from burning because of the champagne. "Never mind." I snatched the goggles back from Jack who had the biggest smirk on his face you'd ever seen.

During the celebration in the locker rooms Ash was recording everything and posting it on her insta stories. "MVP!" She yelled, shoving the phone in my face.

"Champions baby!" I held out a peace sign to the camera while Ash threw an arm around my shoulder.

"All because of this girl! Where are you now, mister president!" She yelled into the camera. I hit her chest lightly, my cheeks flushing from the attention she put on me.

Kelley jumped up behind us pouring champagne over me. "MVP!" I opened my mouth and she poured it into it. I tried to drink as much as I could before Crystal grabbed my wrist and dragged me with her to dance.

Kelley passed me yet another beer and I started dancing with Crystal and Sonnet without a care in the world.

"Queenie, you're wanted by the press." Kathrine, one of our staff told me.

"Nooo!" I whined. Out of all the times I absolutely didn't want to do press, this would be one of them. Crystal and Sonnet laughed at my reaction.

"Come one Queenie, time to go. They want to see the star of the tournament. Their words, not mine, even though I do agree with them." This ticked me off to no extent. So the whole tournament they talked shit about me, doubted me and my team and now suddenly I'm the star of the tournament?!

My teammates must have noticed my change in demeanor and started laughing their heads off. "Bitch, hold my beer." I pushed my beer into Sonnet's hands making most of the team whoop.

"Shit's about to go down!" Pinoe yelled when she saw me walking to the door with so much determination that I even surprised myself.

I took my place next to Jill and listened to the journalists talk. Jill took it upon herself to answer most questions but eventually one of the journalists grew tired and directed his question to me.

"I never doubted that the USA would win their fourth star in this tournament but did you have the same confidence as we did going in?" He asked me as if I believed what he had just said. I scoffed at his question and rolled my eyes.

"That's bullshit." I scoffed, completely catching the journalist off guard.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." I simply said. "78% of the people here in this room and a big portion outside of it doubted us even before this tournament started. Whether it was our defense, our goalie, hell you all doubted Jill for selecting me." I pointed at myself.

"But here we are seven games later, we scored twenty five goals, conceded only three. How's that for a goalkeeper and back line that according to a lot of you was the weakest we had in ages?" I emphasized on the 'you' while pointing at them.