Part 19

It had been weeks since the accident and not a lot has changed. Ellie had made it through the first 24 hours which gave everyone hope for the young girl, but weeks had passed and she still was in that same frustrating coma, like Leah liked to put it. 

While it was unexplainably frustrating for her friends and family, it was a blessing for Ellies body. Because of the coma, her body got time to heal. Time that her body desperately needed because the girl's body was a wreck. When her friends got to see her for the first time, they didn't even recognize her. Beth even had to step outside to get herself together again. 

Her family and national teammates got to London a day later. The moment they got the news they hopped on a plane to be with her. They all took turns to stay by her side except for Kristie and Leah. Both women felt incredibly guilty about what had happened. They knew, they both knew but felt like they hadn't done anything to prevent the whole situation even though there was nothing they could've done. 

Right now it was Ellie's sister Penelope who was staying. She literally had to force Leah and Kristie to go home and take a shower, get something to eat and to take a nap because both girls came to look like death themselves. 

The oldest Queen sibling was seated next to Ellie's bed and had the girls hand in hers. Praying to God, any God, for her sister to wake up. 

Penelope's pov:

"Please little bean, please just wake up. You gotta wake up. You're my baby sister, you're not supposed to be lying in a hospital bed not knowing whether you're gonna wake up or not. I swear to god I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna kill Jacob for what he did to you. I know he's the one who did this to you. I'm gonna kill him, but you gotta wake up. Please, little bean. " I pleaded desperately while squeezing her hand. I led my head on our joined hands, closing my eyes when suddenly I felt a light squeeze. The squeeze was so light that I wasn't even sure anymore if it was real or that I just wanted it to be real.

"She's gonna wake up you know and then she's gonna yell at you for using that nickname."

I didn't have to look at the door to know who it was. I would recognize that voice anywhere. It belonged to the girl I met at college, to the girl who became my best friend and after years of friendship became my girlfriend. Nobody knew about us not because we were ashamed but because we both were scared about Ellie's reaction.

"Yeah, she would. She would kick my ass too." I chuckled looking back at my sister. Kelley walked in the room and made her way towards me. She put her arms around my neck while gently kissing right behind my ear.

"Yeah, she would."

"How could this happen Kell? How can someone do this to her?" I let go of my sister's hand, stood up and turned around in my girlfriend's arms.

"I don't know but I do know that next time I see that Jacob guy he's gonna have it worse than her. I promise you that." She kissed my neck.

"She's gonna be fine right?" I snuggled closer to her.

"I spoke to doctor Grey on my way here. She told me her body has healed quite nicely and her stats have greatly improved. She said that she should wake up soon. She's gonna be fine. She's too stubborn for that." She chuckled trying to light up the mood. I look up to her.

"I love you, you know that?"

"It never hurts for you to say it again. " She smiled while kissing me.

"Well that's nice to wake up to. You two are cute and all but can you not shove your tongue down my sister's throat?" I suddenly heard a hoarse voice. Both Kelley and I rushed to the bed. I threw myself into my sister's arms, carefull for her injuries. Kelley went to get the doctor and probably called our friends and family.

"I thought I'd lost you." I cried in her chest.

"I'd never leave you." She stroked my hair with her good hand. "Besides, who would annoy you if I weren't around anymore?" I didn't have to look up to know that she was smirking.

Before I could reply to my cheeky little sister, doctor Grey walked in the room with doctor Shepherd and Kelley.

"Well Eleanore, it's great to see you awake again. How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been in a car crash." She laughed. We however didn't. "Too soon?" She sheepishly smiled again. Doctor Grey just raised an eyebrow at her. "Too soon, but good one."

"My body hurts. It hurts to breathe or move really and my head is killing me but considering what happened I'm fine." She smiled. Doctor Grey, Shepherd and the other doctor who we didn't know the name off yet explained everything to her.

"Okay so what? My spleen will take a month to heal, my liver 3 to 4, my wrist, thigh and back 2 to 5 months. That leaves us with my brain. With the right therapy it will take up to 6 months? So when do we start?" She looked determined at us.

"That's the best scenario. Look I don't want to be the bad guy here but your injuries were very traumatic on your body. This is not just some injury that you walk off. It will take time and you need to respect that in order for you to even think about setting foot on that field again." Doctor Shepherd told my sister.

They continued to discuss their further plan of treatment. While I just zoned out wondering if she remembered what had happened and when she was gonna say something about it. I wasn't gonna push her, not right now at least. My mission was to make sure that she would heal up and be safe from all that's bad in the world.