Part 25

"Hey, can I come in?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked the unexpected guest in front of me.

"Apparently I'm here to knock some sense into you." She brushed right past me with a small backpack on one shoulder while she had a small trolly in her other hand.

"What did I do this time? You know Sonnet's not here right?" I joked.

"Ha funny are we now? What's for lunch anyway? I'm starving." The woman asked while making her way to the kitchen.

"I and then I mean ME was having a salad, YOU, Solo I don't know because I didn't know you were coming in the first place so figure it out." I grabbed my salad and sat on the couch.

"So selfish." The keeper mumbled.

I heard the older woman rummaging through the kitchen. Mere seconds later she came to sit next to me with some lunch herself.

The next hour we spent catching up with one another. I'm not gonna lie, I've missed the goalie a lot. She went through a lot of shit and people gave her a lot of crap but she was one of those people who had always had my back no matter what she was going through herself. So I was always gonna have hers.

I knew she wanted to start the conversation about why she came here, she was just waiting for the right moment. I, however, wanted to get it over with, so I decided to bite the bullet.

"Why are you really here, Hope?" I asked the ex-goalie.

"I'm here to see how you're doing and to potentially knock some sense into you." She simply stated.

"She called, didn't she?" I asked, referring to Leah.

"Yes, she did. She's worried, Ellie and frankly so am I. Your rehab, the constant partying, randomly sleeping with other people, strangers, Ellie. It's affecting your life, your relationships. Is that worth it?" She looked me dead in the eye. It wasn't hard to see that she was in fact worried about me which surprised me a bit. I knew Hope cared for me, but she is someone who isn't easily worried.

"Oh my god! Seriously, this again?! I'm fine, Hope. I'm just having fun. That's all." I got up from the couch.

"Cut the crap, Ellie. You and I both know it's not about the fun. This is about you running away from your feelings!" She crossed her arms giving me a look.

"Oh piss off Solo!" I yelled at the ex-goalie, slowly losing control over my temper.

"No, it is about time that someone sets you straight! I'm done with your bullshit! Yes you've been through something traumatic but the way you're handling things is not okay. You're throwing away your career by what you're doing and I'm not going to let you make that mistake!" She snapped. It was getting harder for her to keep her cool. She so desperately wanted to make me realize the mistake I was making, but what she just said fueled my anger even more.

"Oh, you're the one to talk! Didn't your career end because of some shit you did? How big of a hypocrite are you?" I snapped.

"I might be a hypocrite, Ellie. But I made the same mistake you're about to make. For me it was already too late but it's not for you! You think he'd be proud of the person you've become?" That made me look up from the floor. How dare she drag him into this!

"Don't talk about him!" I seethed through my teeth but it didn't make her back down. On the contrary it made her push me even further because she knew it would make me break.

"You think that throwing away your life and your career is what he wanted you to do?" She pushed me even more.

"Stop talking about him like he's going to walk through that door any minute! Cory's dead! He doesn't have an opinion anymore, he's not going to be proud of what I do nor will he be pissed off about my choices. HE LEFT!"