Part 58

The last forty eight hours had been crazy to say the least. We had won the world cup, had an awesome party in France, flew to the States and now we were waiting to go to a yacht party but before that we decided to grab a drink first.

After a short while we found a Cafe to sit down for a bit and relax. We all ordered some drinks and chatted away, completely losing track of time.

I was laughing at something Rose told me till my phone rang.

"Hello?" I picked up without looking at who called.

"Queenie, where are you guys?" It was the voice of a distraught Kelley O'Hara that I heard through the phone.

I frowned while looking at the other at the table. Why was she so panicked? "We're at a Cafe a block from the hotel. Why?"

"We have a party on a yacht to attend to. Don't you remember?" She asked.

"I do but that's not until later. We're supposed to leave the hotel at a quarter to seven."

"Ellie, later is now! It's seven fifty! You were supposed to be here five minutes ago!" She yelled, losing her cool.

"Shit." I mumbled. "Gotta go." I hung up the phone and stood up. "We're late. Run."

Their faces instantly turned into a face full of horror. While being here we totally lost track of time and now after we had paid the bartender we were running for our life's to get there on time because Carli would likely kill us.

At the docks, most boats had already left with our friends on them. The last boat was about to leave when we came running, waving our arms like mad women.

"Wait! Wait! We're here!" Mal yelled, waving her arms in the air.

The skipper or whatever you call him stopped right on time and turned to us. "The women of the US women's national team?" He looked at us amused.

"Yes, that's us." Lindsay said out of breath from all the running.

"Right on time." The skipper smirked and helped us on board.

"Can you step on it?" I asked him. "We might have lost track of time a bit and our friends are going to kill us if we're late."

"I figured that much." He laughed again "don't worry, I'll get you there on time. You might want to hang on." He said, starting his boat.

We all sat down next to each other. "How bad can it b-" Rose got cut off when the boat left with a lot of speed, almost causing the brunette to fall backwards into the water, making all of us laugh.

The yacht was insane. I was mesmerized by the large boat, it was beautiful, it was huge. I could totally see myself live on it if, well it wasn't on water.

Right before I stepped foot on the boot I looked at my watch. It was a minute to seven. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. We were on time. 

"You're late." Carli stated with her arms crossed over her chest.

"No, I was almost late. There's a difference." I pointed out with a smug smile on my face. Carli was not impressed whatsoever.

"You're lucky you're everyone's favorite child." She mumbled and walked away but not before she ruffled my hair making me grumble.

Most of us kept the party going although we weren't being as crazy as we were before. The main reason for that was sleep deprivation and well we got scolded by our older teammates. Something about behaving ourselves and that shit. And we did… for the most part.

Ash and I were exploring the ship while we were recording our adventure.

"I feel rich, bitch." She said walking around, exploring one of the decks and pointing the camera at me. "Yo Queenie, what do you think?"