Part 86

We arrived in Italy after a short flight from Barcelona to Turin for our first champions league match against Juventus. We had been preparing for this since pre season so everyone was excited for the game.

Before we left, Lluís had told me that I would start so I had been mentally preparing myself to make sure I was ready to kick some ass. The travels were fun and chill. Everyone was in a great mood and the spirits were high but there was one thing I was dreading.

Since I started sharing a bed with Alexia, I hadn't had a nightmare since. Something about her presence calming me down and making me feel safe. The nights that I did sleep alone before we confessed our feelings, the nightmares had reappeared.

With an away game came the fact that I couldn't sleep with Alexia. I would usually room with Mapi and she would with Jenni. Even though Mapi was one of my best friends, it wasn't the same safe feeling that Alexia gave me.

So as expected, the first night I was haunted by nightmares. Luckily they weren't that bad so I didn't wake up Mapi but I didn't get that much sleep. When morning came around I forced myself out of bed and got ready for the day.

After breakfast and some light training, we went for a walk across the town, discovering the beauty the city had to offer. I was walking in between Patri and Aitana, when suddenly someone grabbed my shoulders and held me back.

"What are you two up to?" I raised my eyebrow at my two best friends, who had a look of mischief on their face.

"Nothing. We just wanna walk with you." Leila said innocently, smiling at Vicky who passed us.

The older girl looked at us suspiciously, already knowing that something was up. Mapi smiled at her innocently and gave her a small wave as if that wasn't any more suspicious but Vicky didn't question it.

"Sure." I said, not convinced. "So what are we up to?" I asked them excitedly. Mapi and Leila smiling at my willingness to go along with their probably crazy plan.

"Well step one, remove ourselves from the group." Leila looked around to see if anyone was paying attention to us. Mapi and I followed her lead and looked at our teammates, looking for the perfect moment.

"Nobody's looking." I subtly whispered to my best friends.

Mapi held both her arms out, slowing Leila and I down. Our gaze never left our teammates, making sure that they wouldn't notice. When we were a few meters behind, I ushered Leila and Mapi to take a left.

We quickly walked down the street and took another turn so we were for sure out of sight. The whole way we were trying to hold our laughter till we came to a stop leaning against the wall and burst out laughing.

"Step one completed." I smirked at the other two laughing against the wall.

We must have looked crazy to the people who were walking by. To be fair we probably were. Once we calmed down a bit, we started walking down the street again.

"Okay, so what's the grand plan?" I asked while looking around me amazed.

"I know a guy." Mapi answered rather vaguely. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"You know a guy? How did you meet him?" I squinted my eyes at her, trying to figure out what the plan really was.

"At a convention." She avoided any eye contact. I knew she was lying. Maybe not lying but she was keeping something from me.

"A convention? I asked her, not impressed but then it clicked. The only conventions she goes to are the ones that have something to do with tattoos.

I stopped walking and looked wide eyed at the blonde. This was a horrible idea a day before a game. When Mapi realized I was no longer walking beside her she and Leila stopped and turned around to look at me.