Part 61

Alexia's pov:

Mapi and Leila were the first to approach Ellie and introduce themselves. I had moved a bit away to give them some room but remained close to her just in case.

I was watching the interaction between Leila and Ellie and I have to say that I don't like it. I don't like Leila being all touchy and flirty with her.

I was so deep in my thoughts, that I hadn't even noticed Lieke walking up to me.

"Green isn't your color." She successfully snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What? I'm not wearing any green." I looked at her confused.

Lieke laughed at my confused state. Clearly I had missed something. I looked at her expectedly to explain.

"Not what I meant, let me rephrase that. Jealousy doesn't suit you." She chuckled.

"I'm not jealous of Leila!" I was quick to defend myself but that was clearly not helping my case.

I couldn't be jealous right? Ella's my best friend. Okay, hot best friend. Okay maybe I am jealous.

"I never said you were jealous of Leila." Lieke smirked.

"Good cause I'm not." I crossed my arms in front of me, only making Lieke laugh more.

"Okay, if you say so." She shook her head at my behavior, finding it very funny.

"I do."

"Good." She smirked.

"Good." I agreed.

A loud laugh brought my focus back to my two best friends that had just met. Ellie was laughing at something Leila had said. Her hand briefly touched Leila's arms.

I scoffed.

"You're so jealous of your best friend." Lieke chuckled. I glared at the Dutch girl.

"I'm not jealous."

"You do realize we're talking about Leila right? The most outgoing, flirty person I know and to make it worse, she's Spanish. You Spanish girls are incredibly confusing with your physical contact and kisses. She's just being Leila. Don't read into it that much." She tried to make me feel better but it wasn't really helping.

"It's just that Eleanore just got here. I don't want her to be uncomfortable from the beginning." I mumbled, trying to justify my behavior.

"From where I'm standing, she doesn't look uncomfortable." Lieke raised her eyebrow, not helping to settle that uneasy feeling in my stomach.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"You really care for her." She stated, her voice full of surprise this time.

"I do. She's my best friend."

"No, it's more than that." Now fully looking at me.

"Lieke." I breathed.

Ever since she had broken up with her boyfriend, something seemed to have changed between us. There was more flirting, more teasing. It was getting harder and harder not to cross that line that separated us from being friends to something more. 

"It's okay if you're not ready to accept that. But I'm gonna say this even though I know you know this better than anyone. She's been through alot of shit. That girl deserves the world. Please don't hurt her." She looked at me with pleading eyes.

I knew that Eleanore had been through a lot. I had been there for most of it but not for the worst part. I remembered Lieke being suspicious about the relationship between Eleanore and Jacob.