On a Yacht

Sitting with Verosika some more, Lincoln was rather enjoying being in the company of this nice succubus.

"So how did your family get sick?" asked Verosika

"Honestly, I don't know. One of my sisters or one of my parents got it from someone else from either school or at work. These kind of viruses and diseases sneak up on people when you least expect it. Like how pandemics can sneak up on people. Take a look at the bubonic plague in Europe in the middle ages. No one knew the rats were carrying all those diseases or rabies or other viruses."

Verosika made a small, cute chuckle. "True, they can sneak up on people. But on the other head, Europe wasn't as populated as it is now back then."

"Right. If another bubonic plague happened, then it would be more catastrophic than it would be in those days."

"There were other pandemics, the Spanish flu, swine flue, shall I go on?"

"No, you made your point, Verosika." he looked over in the distance over the railing. "So how come you don't do as much metal albums as you do on your pop albums? Just curious"

"Honestly, i don't know why. Writing songs or ideas can pop out of nowhere, sometimes you just go with it. Sometimes the lyrics come first, or sometimes the music comes first. I do what I have to do to keep my fans happy and fall in love with me. But i make whatever kind of music I want, i'm not the most picky kind of musician."

"Huh. And do you have to get love out of humans to survive?"

"Not exactly." Verosika rolled her eyes. "I'm not like a vampire where i have to drink blood to keep myself alive... or undead. We succubi and incubi can eat whenever we want to eat off of without dying. We can even fast for one hundred years without dying."

"That's cool. So, can it be exhausting being a famous singer."

"Oh yes. Despite all the money and fans it gets you, it can be quite tiring. Performing and dancing for hours and hours, even if I am very flexible."

"Why not just take a break? I mean, people like Ozzy Osbourne take breaks and don't always go on tour."

"True, but Ozzy loves going on tour and going in stage like I do. I don't wanna disappoint my fans."

"But you don't wanna burn yourself out, do you?"

"It's complicated." Verosika pointed. "If you were a very famous singer or heavy metal musician, you would understand. But it's better than rehab."

"Rehab?"

"This is embarrassing, but... I have a drinking problem, like I might have mentioned before."

"I think you did tell me that." The white-haired boy remembered. He looked at the list Loona gave him again and looked at the albums with his phone.

"Ooh, what are you looking on, sweetie?"

"Well Loona introduced me to Black Label Society, and I really like them. So I'm looking at what other albums they have."

"Nice. You sure you won't give my music a try?"

"Well I've listened to a couple of your songs, and it's... not really my thing. Sorry to say this, but it's not my thing."

"Have you listened to my metal albums at least?"

"No, but I will give them a listen."

"Thank you."

"Look, I'm sorry if I offended you, Verosika. We all have our tastes. And I'm being polite about it."

"Don't worry, sweetie, you're right. We all have our tastes. You want something to drink"

"You have non-alcoholic drinks on here too, right?"