Cooking Something For Stella Goetia

As they were laughing and conversing together in a conversation, Clyde was feeling more glad to have a demon friend like Octavia in his life. Suddenly, Octavia's door barged open and it was her own mother. "Mum?" Octavia shrieked

Stella did not look very happy as she looked at Clyde. "And who is this pipsqueak?" She said, picking Clyde up by the right arm."

"Ow, ow, ow, careful, I have sensitive skin." Clyde said. "I... see you passed your kidney stone." He tried to sound friendly to her.

"Don't remind me." Stella rolled her eyes. "Well, you certainly don't smell like a poor person."

"Well, I'm... middle class." Clyde pointed. "And my dads receive a good income every month."

Stolas came in the room and looked exhausted. "I'm sorry, Via. I... couldn't stop her."

"you're just as weak as ever, Stolas." Stella narrowed her eyes before going back to Clyde. "So, you are a friend of Lincoln, no doubt?"

"Yep! We've been best friends since forever. He scratches my back and I scratch his back. Lincoln is one of the greatest friends you can ever ask for."

"He is not wrong, mum." Said Octavia.

"Well I don't like the look of this one. Those spectacles over his eyes. Do they always look so big?"

"It's not my fault, your highness. I didn't ask to be blind when I was born. But anyway, I'm Clyde McBride, at your service." He tried holding his hand out for a handshake, but Stella shrugged it off in disgust.

"I'm not really ones for shaking hands, child. Besides, I think you should leave and prevent yourself from making anymore messes with your peasant footprints."

"Wait a minute, wait a minute!" Clyde said. "I don't want to leave."

"Well I don't want Stolas to remain alive, so I guess we both lose."

"Mum, wait!" Octavia stopped her. "Clyde is my friend and a good guy."

"You should know that Goetias should only be friends with the wealthiest kind of elites." Stella gloated. "Not with the common rabble."

"Stella! Let him go right now!" Stolas demanded

"You're not my father, asshole."

"No, but I am a Goetia prince, and I already divorced you."

"Your highness, can I prove myself that I am a perfect friend to Octavia? Is there anything I can do? Please! I will do anything!"

"Yes, he is a very good chef and knows how to make food desserts dishes." Octavia pointed.

"Dishes?" Stella lifted one eyebrow. She looked back at the human. "So, you really want to prove yourself?"

"More than anything in the universe!"

"very well." The Goetia demon released Clyde, making him fall on his bottom.

"Ow!" Clyde said before walking with Stella. "What do you want me to do?"

"My arrangement is rather simple." Stella had her fingers touching one another. "You have to create one of the greatest dessert dishes for me? And if you are successful, then... I will let you spend time with my daughter with no question."

Smiling with hope, Clyde said: "Thank you, milady. Whatever the dish is, I can make it in no time at all."

Letting out an amused chuckle, Stella said: "I like your enthusiasm, and dedication, Clyde." As they both reached the kitchen, Stella pulled out a piece of paper from one of the cupboards. "You have to make this." She shown the recipe right in his face.

"Le Gâteau a la Goetia." Clyde read out loud.

"That is correct." The female demon had an evil smile on her face. "Make me this fine, delicious delicacy, and if it is the most delicious thing you have ever cooked, then I will let you by my daughter's friend."

This recipe looked rather complicated for even Clyde to comprehend. It was a chocolate cake with edible gold on top and rainbow coloring on the inside, and even some edible gold on the inside of the cake. "I... I think I can do this." Clyde tried to sound confident.

"Hmm, we'll see." Stella'a smile widened. "But you have to cook it only. No help, and no weaseling out of it."

"Wait, How can I gather the ingredients for this cake?" Clyde asked. "I've never seen these before."

"Figure it out, sweetie." Stella sang. "Figure it out, because it is not my concern."

Deep down, Clyde wondered if Stella just wanted Clyde to fail just so he can never see her daughter again. Alas, he still wanted to be friends with Stolas' daughter, and did not want it to end like this. "Ok." He said. "Is there a deadline on making the cake?"

"Yes. You have exactly seventy-two hours to complete Le Gâteau a la Goetia. If you fail, then you might as well say goodbye to Octavia forever."

"but Stolas won't allow that."

"I could give a flying fuck what Stolas would do." Stella said bitterly. "He doesn't even have the testicles to stand up for a wrong order in a cafe." She kept her composure again. "Do you understand, Clyde?"

"I do."

"Good!" Stella looked sweet. Then in a stern voice, she then added, "now, create the cake. And uh... you can take all day of you have to." Then she let out another evil chuckle before leaving the chateau, much to Stolas' relief and delight.

"finally, that witch is gone." Stolas walked up to Clyde. "Did she hurt you, Clyde?"

"No. but she gave me a task to prove to her that I am a good friend to Octavia." Clyde showed the Goetia prince the kind of yummy fish his ex-wife wanted him to cook for her.

"Le Gâteau a la Goetia?" Stolas said in shock. "She seriously cannot force you to make this cake."

"What's wrong?"

"this dish is a disaster when it comes to ingredients and making it. Even more father said it was a total disaster."

"Look, I want Octavia to be my friend and I am not going to let Stella take that away from me." Clyde said in determination. "I can do this."

"Look, let me handle Stella, Clyde. She is my ex, and I can definitely try to make her back off so she will not ruin things for you and Via."

"Thanks Stolas, but I want to do this

"Are... are you sure?"

"Yep. Besides, I can put my talents to the test with this."