The Truth

Lincoln looked uncomfortable having a talk with a nasty piece of work like Stella. Stolas told the boy a great deal of hate and nastiness about his now ex-wife. "Look, i'm sorry if Stolas cheated on you." said Lincoln, trying to be nice with her at least. He didn't want to feel her wrath, especially the first time she met him. The kid never forgotten how hard she lifted him and gripped his arm. This elegant lady (or her definition of elegant) was stronger than she looked.

"No, you do not have to apologize." said Stella. "Honestly, i don't care who he sleeps with... mostly. But if it's an imp, that is just a crime against demonology!"

Making a gulp of fear, Lincoln probably had the right to fear her. She probably had an unpredictable temper problem. Now he wished Loona was here to protect him once again since she protected him the last time. Alas, she wasn't here to protect him this time, and he was kind of on his own. "Right, Stolas told me that your marriage was only arranged to have a precautionary heir to your family, and that's all." he turned away. "And i'm sorry if your marriage wasn't happy."

"I said you don't have to apologize, right dear?" Stella looked a little annoyed.

"Just trying to be nice and polite, that's all."

"I see." Stella was quiet for a moment, but then she asked: "Have you always known you were royal?"

"Admittedly, no. But it's no big deal. I tried spreading it in Scotland, but it ended in a big fiasco. But everyone over there likes me and my family now, and... i just wanted to feel special like my own sisters and feel accomplished. Besides, times have changed, and there aren't really any places where you can assert your dominance over everyone... at least not on Earth. It's different than Hell."

"Yes, i noticed." Stella said. "But, there are some countries where there are still tight monarchs or dictatorships around. Eritrea, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Iran, Equatorial Guinea, shall I go on?"

"You've made your point, Stella."

"Good. In Saudi Arabia, women are not even allowed to drive a car."

"What?"

"Yes. It's true."

"I have heard how brutal Eritrea and North Korea is, and... nothing against the people, but Hell is better than those places... in a way."

Stella laughed like how Loona and Verosika laughed earlier today. "Quite the comedian, aren't you, Lincoln?"

"Nah, that's my sister Luan's job." Lincoln admitted.

"So, how would you like to feel truly royal and feel like you are the king or duke of everything? We both have many things in common, Lincoln. You want to feel special and accomplished, so I think i can help you with that."

"Well, i don't really care about being in charge of people... not anymore. I mean, i have my family so that's what counts. But... why are you like this? I mean... Stolas told me that you strangled dogs to death when you were a kid."

"That's none of your fucking business you little-!" she realized that she was losing her composure, and Lincoln silenced her.

"My family's asleep, don't want to wake them up." Lincoln whispered.

"Right. My apologies. But yes, that was none of your concern. And... i've always been pressured to be posh and perfect all my life." said Stella. "Especially by my parents... and my brother."

"You're brother?"

"Yes. Andrealphus, the Marquis of the Goetia family. Unfortunately, he ranks lower than my bastard of an ex-husband." she sounded rather bitter. "Because i would love to see him freeze Stolas to death after sleeping with a disgusting imp in the first place."