Burning Desire (Chapter 2)

*Mementos After School May 3*

The instinct to run and survive kicked throughout your body, causing you to dash deeper into the darkness. The eerie sounds made by the monster causing your heart to race. Questions rage within your mind, what is going on? what the hell is that? is this real? All of these questions plagued your mind more and more. After running for a good minute you begin to slow as you don't sense the presence of the creature. Taking deep breaths, you feel your body start to convulse in uncomfortable pain.

You: S..Shit... I pushed myself too hard... Grahh...it hurts so much..

Unable to resist, you fall to your knees and try to relax as best as you can. The pain causes you to be immobilized and unable to process anything. You begin to cough violently and as you do, a dark red blood starts to seep through your fingers.

You: W..What... I haven't coughed blood in a long time.. Man... I really did it now.. I am in trouble if I stay here any longer...gotta find the exit...can't waste what little time I have left...

Upon deciding to get up, a sudden chill runs down your spine. A groaning sound slowly approaches around the corner and you see a large hand reach and pull into view. Your breath is caught in your throat and you nearly choke. Closing your mouth with your hand, you try to hide from the creature. Holding your breath so it won't hear you. Your heart is beating hard and it hurts tremendously, your body is going wild with emotion and the stress is causing your symptoms to stir. The creature slowly starts to walk near your hiding spot, you duck low behind the rubble and pray that it doesn't find you. As you slowly breathe in as the creature seems to stop searching and turn around, you are caught off guard by the sudden jolt of pain within you that makes you cough. You stay still with a painful fright, turning your head, your body freezes.

Creature: I sEe YoU...!

You:...a....a....A.....A....AHHhHhHHh!

You scream and shout in fear, you try to run, but it is fruitless. The monster grasps you and you are nearly crushed in its forceful grip. You gasp in pain and struggle to breathe. It lifts you up and stares right at you. Suddenly the creature convulses and shifts and its form changes into another creature not covered in shadows. You watch as you are being held by some demonic creature with horns. It beings to laugh and terror runs throughout your mind.

Creature: yOu WiLl MaKe A gOoD sNaCk!

You: L...Let me go! Let me go you freak! Fuck! Arraaahhh! Let...GO!

You try to struggle through the pain and start bashing its hand in an attempt at freeing yourself. The creature only laughs in amusement, only to toss you playfully to the ground. The impact nearly causes you to black out from the pain alone. Pain is endless as you cough up more of the dark blood. You begin to shiver and your joints become locked in fear.

You:..I...I don't wanna die....I want to live...I don't...I don't...!

Panic sets in and you try to crawl away, your fingers begin to bleed from the desperate attempt. Somehow you find the courage to stand and begin to slowly limp away, the monster just laughs and claps at you. The sudden thought of this creature making fun of you and antagonizing you makes you freeze. Memories of the bullies start to flood your mind and without much time, your blood slowly begins to boil. Your body gets hot and you suddenly feel a presence start to envelop your own. Your head begins to ring, causing intense pain which you nearly fall to the floor in anguish.