Makoto's Memories Part 2 (Chapter 119)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

A mound of disappearing shadows in armor stands in your wake. Your blade and its flames claimed every single one of them. With an intense stare, you proceed toward the Palace. The bright blue flaming wings of Bahamut spread from your back, and you take flight. Flapping the wings, you soar toward your destination. Using Shadow Sense, your eyes sparkle to life in a golden sheen, revealing the secrets and locations of this world.

You spot that the only entrance is the front door. With a simple burst of speed, you shatter the giant doors and land inside the castle's main hall.

You: I've done this far too many times now. I swear you guys don't have any originality when it comes to your Palaces. Rinse and repeat, at least give me something new.

Surrounding you on all sides are armed guards. Their golden shadowy eyes look upon you. Holding Rebellion in your hands, you unleash a whirlwind of flames that consumes the room. Barely surviving shadows are quickly dispatched by your handgun with a single bullet. Leaving you alone at the front entrance, you notice that the Palace is layered with moving doors and machine-like walls that rotate above you.

You: Puzzle time. Seems simple enough.

Leaping from balcony to balcony, you climb up the ever-shifting ceiling and reach a door to enter a room that seems to be about a quarter of the way up. The room is filled with racks of armor and weapons, clearly an armory for the guards. A sudden ambush attempts to take you down with spears, but with a quick flick of your wrist, you deflect the attack and slice through the armor, burning the shadow to ashes. The other two shadows swing around and try to pierce you.

You jump into the air and cut their heads off with a sudden spin. Letting the bodies to fall to the ground and return to nothing. After a quick sweep of the room, you walk through the door on the other side of the room, meeting a hallway with a staircase to the side.

Figuring to head up, you ignore the doors to approach the stairs. However, you step on a pressure plate, which clicks in place. The ground begins to shift, and you fall to your side instantly. The gravity of the area had increased by over ten times. There's not enough to keep you down, but your movements feel sluggish.

You: Gahh..! Crap, this is totally not the most fantastic feeling in the world! Futaba! Do you think you can fix something like this?

Futaba: Hold on, let me see if I can find the source.

You: Make it quick; I think standing up is starting to get even more complicated.

Indeed, the gravity was slowly starting to increase, making it harder and harder to move.

Futaba: Got it! It seems like you opened a gate that triggered the reaction. It should be inside one of the rooms.

You: Great! Can't you tell me where?

Futaba: Licky split! 2nd door on the left should be behind you!

You: Will do!

Troubling to lift your leg, you awkwardly lift your leg and, step forward, and repeat the process to reach the door. You open it only to find a hunched-over shadow playing with some cube-like structure. It turns its head to notice your presence and stops with toying with the cube.

The moment it does, you feel that gravity returns to normal briefly. Until the shadow panics and resumes to configure the cube with even more vigor. The moment it touches it, the gravity well increases again, and you fall over to the floor. The blood in your brain starts to pull down, causing you to feel faint.

You: Not...Going to let you... Finish that!

Taking out your handgun, you aim and fire at the shadow; however, the moment the bullet leaves the gun, you see it curve down due to the gravity pull. Eyes wide with knowledge, lifting yourself to a stationary position, you air the gun higher than before and fire again. The bullet nearly strikes the shadow in the back, but your position proves to be challenging to land a shot.

You: Just... Stay on target..!

With the spike in the gravity, you aim and fire; the bullet was directed to the left and quickly curves, striking the shadow in the arm, causing it to react by dropping the cube, and it rolls to the side. The moment it does, you freely move up and slice the shadow in half, letting it burn to ash by your flames.

With a heavy breather, you return once again to go up the stairs. The strain of having to fight such a weird shadow makes your knees shake and sore. Wiping the sweat off your forehead, you slowly approach each step, looking for the way to the main boss of this whole thing. 

It doesn't come as a surprise that you notice the shadows behind you prepare to attack. You let out a heavy sigh and, grip Rebellion tightly with one hand, and stop. The shadows freeze as they see you may have noticed their presence. Sword in hand, you extend it with your arm, and you turn to face the shadows.

You: You all going to stand there and watch me walk? Or are you up for the challenge to stop me?

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I really hope you enjoyed it! There should be at least 2 more chapters for this arc before it is fully "completed" so continue to stay tuned!

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!