Futaba's Memories Part 4 (Chapter 92)

*Evening July 9*

Makoto's POV

Sitting in bed, I was thinking to myself as the night started to overtake me. I felt a bit tired and decided to get up and get something to drink.

Makoto: Hmm...

I kept thinking to myself as I remembered the moments leading to saving Y/N from Kage's Palace. I was sitting afraid that I lost him for good. But the fact he was back better than ever was such a relief to me. I couldn't tell how much I was happy to have him in my life...

Makoto: I must be really luck...lucky-...w..waa...

I felt a little dizzy for a moment. I quickly leaned against a wall to take a deep breath as the sudden nausea started to fade...

Makoto: Mmm... Maybe need to settle. Final exams are around the corner... Need to...focus...-

Stumbling over myself I got back into my room to just barely lay down before my body felt itself locking up... My eyes gloss over and my breathing shallow... I tried to reach for my phone and pulled it toward me. Putting in and attempting to call Y/N, it rings for a second before I hear it is out of service...

Makoto: Y/N... I...- I need...-

Eyes growing heavy... I slip past my barriers and began to drift into an endless abyss... I opened my eyes to find handcuffs around my hands, pinning me to a steel bar, hands up and held in place. My legs and feet were cuffed too as a chain protruding from it kept me still. I didn't have the strength to move as I could barely move my head...

???: Looks like the hare has finally woken up.

Makoto: H...Huh...?

I lifted my head to see a figure standing in front of me. The lights in this plain room were barely dim as I tried to adjust to the lighting. Blinking for a second I could barely speak but I was stopped as the figure crouched to get close to my face...

Makoto's Shadow: The hare is ready. Only a matter of time before the wolf comes to take the hare.

Makoto: M..me..? What...I- I don't...

Makoto's Shadow: Come now wolf... I await to see you again...

Makoto: N...no... Ahh...- Please... Save me... Y/N....

The perspective of my body in bed quivers. Lips softly moving in a stir of sleep...

Makoto:...Save...Me...Y/N...

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

You carry Futaba down a hall, holding tight to her, you feel your wounds have stopped bleeding and the pain has been minor at least. Taking a deep breath you reach an opening that leads to another staircase that leads to the potential top of the tomb that may lead the way out. It is at that moment when you feel a disturbance within the Cognitive World. The pressure gets dense, and the feeling of something being moved or placed within. The ground shakes violently and you kneel down to cover Futaba in case of rubble. It slowly eases up and you take a sigh of relief. That is when Futaba begins to stir...