Two Sides, One Lie (Chapter 45)

*June 1 After School*

After resisting the influence that was trying to overtake your body, you regain your senses and clear your mind for the moment.

You: Just gotta infiltrate Kaneshiro's Palace and do my recon. It's the least I can do for everyone...

You approach in the direction the thugs told you to head for, using Shadow Sense you followed a trail of desire that led you to a corner on the street. Looking back and forth you noticed armed Mafia guards patrolling the area. Quickly, you dove behind an alleyway to gain some cover. Looking over to scope the place, you instinctively pull out the Meta Nav App to see if you get a hit. You look to see "Kaneshiro's Palace" in your search history. You scoff at it as you full well know that you never once set foot in his Palace.

Regardless you enter the Meta Verse and appear in the distorted world. However, to your surprise the city was still relatively normal except for the dark sky looming over head. Walking around, you notice that the people who were once roaming around have turned into ATM machines..

You: What the hell..? Is this What he sees everyone? Something that will print him money? Guy is much sicker than I thought. Now where to find the stupid Palace...?

You loom around the city in hopes of finding some clues but after some time, you sigh in frustration as nothing could be found. That is when you get the idea to focus more on your Shadow Sense, maybe with greater focus you can feel the direction of someones strongest desires. After taking a moment to breathe in and out, you feel the power deep within you to expand its detection range as your eyes shine bright gold. After a moment of searching you are pulled up from the sensation, you look to the sky to see a dark silhouette in the sky.

You try to focus your attention on the floating object but it isn't clear in the slightest. Using your Shadow Sense you begin to see an outline trail down made of shadows that touches the ground in front of you. Reaching out, you grasp the cord and you instantly feel a sudden pull as you reveal the Palace floating in the sky. In that moment of realizing what was going on, you are caught in a trance. Losing your focus, you begin to feel dizzy and fall to your knees as sweat begins to drip from your face.

You: W..What is this feeling..? It's familiar... It can't be.. Has he been here before as well..?

You start to feel the faint presence of the Dark Knight leading towards Kaneshiro's Palace. Feeling a little hesitant you devise a plan to reach the Palace. After a moment you notice that the Palace is near some tall buildings which gives you enough room to get onto it. A black shadowy aura starts to warp around you as you feel the influence from before trying to pry into your mind further but you do your best to push it back. Closing your eyes, feeling the power within you grow, giant purple flaming shadows in the shape of hands extend out and launch forward to the building. You are pulled along and begin to ascend the building as the hands grab and pull upwards. You quickly reach higher and higher as you angle yourself just right and leap off the building, plummeting right towards the Palace.

Right before impacting the Palace, the giant hands sprout forth once more and slam into the ground and you slow down before landing into a combat roll. You dust yourself off and realize that your Phantom Thieves outfit has finally resurfaced and is present as your current wear.

You: Nice! I really missed wearing this. Time to go to work..!