Sorrow in the Rain (Chapter 14)

*Afternoon May 8*

You had just arrived in Shibuya and began walking around the town for some time, looking in stores and discovering what each has. You passed by some food stands and decided to come back another time with the gang at some point and enjoy the food there. It was a nice stroll through the rain in Shibuya. Somehow you felt at home with the sounds of rain all around you and the feeling of the cool air. Almost like the rain was your home the entire time, you didn't know what that meant really, that you liked being alone sometimes? Maybe you just liked the rain. Either way it felt like peace in your mind and the air you breathed in was full on life.

After taking the stroll around the town, conversing with some of the locals in Shibuya, you learned quite a lot of history and backgrounds in a short amount of time. Your respect for their dedication and hard work in this part of Japan really inspired your spirit to do the same to work hard. You felt more confident in your approach to certain situations and the thought of backing down was never an option, filled with determination you set off to maybe do some shopping. But it was around this time where you started to feel that hint of weakness within your heart, causing that throbbing pain to linger. You adjusted your umbrella in your arm and took out your bottle of pills from Takemi and took one and swallowed it. After a second or two you felt the jolt of energy rush throughout your body which caused you to shake and shiver for a moment. Shaking your head, you wore a bright smile and headed off to a nearby book store. You had heard from the locals that the shopkeeper there has a good collection and some very special books to help boost your puzzle solving skills while teaching you important skills and tricks on how to approach scenarios.

You were very excited to browse the store when you arrived. The shopkeeper welcomed you in with a warm smile, a nice older lady brought you to a section that was filled with many great books. You took your time to search and found several good books that would occupy you for the month. Upon choosing the books, she wrapped them in a nice plastic sheet for the rain and put them in a bag for you. You thanked her for showing you around and selling the books. She smiled warmly and thanked you for having a big admiration for highly special books like the ones you purchased. You left telling her you would be back to browse when she gets anything new.

So you set off towards the station once more, however the rain started to downpour further and you could feel the water starting to get you soaked even with a umbrella so you decided to get some shelter in some small playground park bench that had a covering for weather conditions. You sigh a little as you need to wait for a moment to get to the station without getting majorly soaked. As you are waiting, you begin to lose yourself in a deep thought. You look down at the soft ground at your feet, thinking about the past and the future. Your life has been through the wood chipper and now you are fighting against time itself, almost like you were meant to go through such a tough and terrible journey of pain and misery, testing your body and will. However you are still confident in fighting back the odds.

The flames of rebellion burn within you, they spark and flash every moment you face your troubles. Nothing is gonna stop you from claiming your right to live your life free of the pain and sorrow that plagues you now. And the people you met along the way... Ren, Ann, Ryuji, Morgana, Takemi, Kasumi, Makoto, even the people who live here in Japan all are kind and supportive. You breathe in deeply, relaxing to the cool air and smile warmly. This is a place where you can call home.. even if your family isn't with you, home is where your heart is... You take out the bottle of pills and look at them. You look at Takemi's prescription and quickly say to yourself how grateful you have met someone like her who can understand the trouble you were dealing with and she came with a solution that could ultimately save your life. You toss the bottle into the air and catch it with confidence.