Inner Demons, the Faith of Innocence (Chapter 47)

*Cognitive World*

Plunged in darkness, you are floating in an empty space. The experiment worked in the hopes you would go within your own cognitive conscience. However you find it hard to take any notes of your status. Everything is still dark and the whole atmosphere is cold and gloomy. After a few moments you somewhat hit a floor and are able to stand on your own feet.

You stand and suddenly you feel like you are still floating across water. After adjusting to the motions you start to focus on your true goal in searching for any answers to help with your current situation...

You: This is a very strange place indeed.. I don't know if I can find anything here if it's this barren. 

You focus your power within you and open your eyes. The golden sheen shines across your eyes and you begin to expand your vision once more with Shadow Sense and soon enough you see a wave pulse from you that extends within the world. And then suddenly silhouettes of people start to appear. You are shocked and surprised as you frantically look around in a fit but soon you find yourself calm as it seems that everything isn't a threat or hostile.

You begin to examine each "shadow" and find that they are normal people in the world that have a resonance within this world.

You: So it must all be connected like Mementos, however this seems to dive into some plain of existence that is also separate from Mementos, where the hearts of everyone is passive.

You turn and notice a silhouette of a familiar woman sitting down and doing something. You take the time to picture the person and you connect it to Takemi. This is her essence within the world. You try to interact with it but you phase right through it.

You: I guess it is a placeholder for everyone here and I can't do anything to them. Good I guess in this situation.

You take a moment to look at yourself and see that your physical form is solid and not like a shadow silhouette but you do notice that your physical form does have a small shadowy effect. Your presence here isn't exactly complete which causes a moment of worry but you begin to proceed within the cognitive world.

Exploring makes you feel like an endless sea of wonder. You find yourself lost but also on the right path which causes you to be a little disorientated throughout your time there.

You: Just what is this world...?

???: It is the world of which desires can be free.

You:...?!

You turn around and are faced with... yourself..? You are stunned, a visage of the exact image of you standing before you. You blink and try to discern with your Shadow Sense to see if it is a trick or not, but it is not.

You: W..What are you..?

Shadow You: I am.. You? What am I saying, I am ME.

You: M..Me?

Shadow You: The fact that you are in this world means that you are slipping further. Just means my take over is going according to plan.

You: W..What?! Take over??

Shadow You: Precisely.