Persona's Requiem Part 1 (Chapter 123)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Overwhelmed with the power of both Bahamut and Kage, the feeling of your muscles burning and tearing is unbearable. Gritting your teeth, you continue this Persona Requiem as long as possible. 

You: This is the wrath of my power!

Clashing your swords together unleashes a chaotic energy wave towards the Shadows. They hurriedly leap out of the way and dodge your barrage of attacks. Giving no space for recovery, you slash into your doppelganger and nearly slice him in two; however, Makoto's Shadow blasts you with the dark beam from her finger. It hits your torso, but the curse of her attack is swallowed by the blue and black flames. A look of horror fills her eyes, and she attempts to retreat, only for you to take a swipe at her back, which causes her black blood to spray into the air. Her screams fill the void of the room, angering your doppelganger to grab your throat and slam his head into your nose. Blood quickly shoots from the hit, and you back away drips of crimson running down your nose.

Their wounds begin to heal but with slowed efforts. Their power is slowly becoming weaker the more they use it. The same can be said for yourself: the veins in your body become tight and bulge from underneath your skin, a sickening sight as the blood in your body rapidly tries to combust from within.

Makoto: Y/N!

You: I-I'll be fine! I'll finish them once and for all!

Makoto: Wait, don't-

You dash forward, the pain inside your body burns deep within, and you nearly fall over but recover and charge.

Makoto's Shadow: Die already!!

With their powers combined, they unleash a wave of dark energy that sweeps you off your feet; it nearly takes you down. Falling over, it becomes clear that you will lose this soon, so with a deep breath, the power of your Persona's grow dormant and vanish, leaving you in your normal state, holding an unlit Rebellion. 

Makoto: Are you alright!?

Makoto runs to your side and tries to aid you to your feet. You cough violently as the strain is heavy on your body. You watch as the opposing side is nearly at their end as well.

You: See that, I did quite a number to take them down to that. They, indeed, are the most powerful here.

Makoto: What's the plan? Just sit here and die?

You: No, that won't be in the cards today. But I need to pull my last ace one more time.

Makoto: Can you?

You: Just only for one good shot, I can. Both Kage and Bahamut are almost tapped out; I am nearly out myself, my options are limited, and using both is just taking both my strength and energy. If I am going to give it my last shot, I am afraid I will be rendered immobile.

Makoto: Is there anything I can do?

You: Yeah, there is.

Makoto: If you want me to fight, I am afraid she holds the key to my Persona.

You: I figured that. But no, I need you to be ready to call in Futaba.

Taking out your earpiece, you hand it to Makoto; she begins to hear her voice over the line. She looks at you and nods to the plan that Futaba explains to her that you discussed before entering. 

Makoto: Do you think I can?

You: If it's you guys? I think I can put my faith in you.

Makoto: I don't want to lose you again.

You: Then don't, I'll be back soon.

Makoto: Right!

You: Well, here I go!

Charging forward, you rush at the two Shadows. They quickly prepare to stop you by shooting forth a wave of energy. It clashes against you, knocking you off balance briefly, blood trailing down your chest as a wound was ripped open. None of it stops you; with a solid look of conviction, you tap into your Persona. The positive and negative energy clashing together was not only tearing you apart, but something inside was stirring. Something that was the root of the problems. Something that deep down you knew was the solution, but it took you this long to realize. However, you couldn't have dealt with it until all of your friends were free. This was the best time to draw it out entirely, to defeat the darkness that has kept everyone prisoner...

You: Persona Requiem!!!

A blinding flash of blue and dark energy bursts from your body, which clashes and contorts around your body, leaving you rendered in pain; staring ahead, you watch as your doppelganger and Makoto's Shadow stare at you, unable to produce any more power to defend, you sharpen your senses and race forward. With a swift and blinding strike, you slash and sever their heads with clean precision. They quickly turn to ash and disappear, leaving nothing but smoke. The moment you drop to your knees, you feel the last of your consciousness falter along with the Palace. Hitting the ground face first, you go into a deep, dark space and briefly think of Makoto before closing your eyes.

Moments later, Makoto stood there as the Palace began to crumble away, creating a pathway for Futaba, Ann, Yusuke, Morgana, Ren, and Ryuji to land. They quickly stand in front of Makoto, who soon feels the power of her Persona activate and give her strength back.

Futaba: Just like we discussed! We need to recover Y/N's memories!

Everyone: Right!

???: Hahahaha.....Hahahahaha! I didn't think you would escape my curse.

A dark spiral of energy lifts your body before leaving it. Leaving you back on the ground as a shadowy visage with your figure stares at the Phantom Thieves.

Dark Essence: I have to make sure you die!

Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! And so we go into the final stages of the arc! I know it's been a hot minute since my last update, but it has been hard to find a reasonable time to continue this. But our long-awaited encounter with the cause of these incidents has fully revealed itself for a confrontation. 

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!