Fractured Mind (Chapter 26)

*After School May 18*

After taking the train, you arrive in front of Madarame's living abode.

You: Well.. I guess this is it. If I am lucky... I can find the treasure and secure the route to it by myself...

You open the Nav and transport yourself into Madarame's Palace. After appearing in the distortion. You break off into a dash and race past most of the security you encountered before and reach the giant door from before. Noticing that the guards are not around, you head deeper inside the Palace. Sneaking past some shadows and going through various staircases you reach a massive room. Laser grids are posted all over, you carefully make your way around and begin to crawl under some vent shafts to reach across the room. You look at the grand room once more, a giant chandelier that sits at the ceiling, and paintings of various works are posted all around that signify Madarame's desires and lies.

There is a group of shadows posted in front of the path you need to get by, hiding behind a sculpture you take both of your Silenced Silverballers, you train your sights on both of their heads and pull the triggers. The silent but deadly shots pierce their heads, dropping them instantly. Getting up you notice that there is a small laser grid that is nearly invisible and you just barely caught yourself before triggering the beams.

You: T..That was close!.. I gotta make sure we mark this somehow..

You look around and notice a painting is propped at the edge of the beams, so you take your sword and imbue it with your purple shadows and it allows you to scorch a mark a danger sign into the painting. After a few moments it stains completely and stays there.

You: There, it should let us know when we come back.

Taking a quick look in the room that you are in, you notice that there is a vent shaft that you can reach that might allow you to bypass and get to the other side. You leap up and reach for it, grabbing the edge you rip off the vent and slink your way inside. Crawling forward you reach a small room that is similar to the office where Ryuji and Ren went inside to deactivate the door yesterday. You try to see if there is an off switch to the laser grid outside but have no luck in finding it. You open the door and exit the room, you stealthily move to each room, noticing certain guard paths and avoid them completely.

After some time you come across the end of the depth and find a giant room that is filled with some of Madarame's most valued artworks, at least the ones he probably made the most money from. In the middle you see within a giant cage of alarmed and trapped, a floating orb that is hazy to see.

You: That must be the treasure, Madarame's treasure..

You look around the place and see that there is no way to safely reach it on the level you are on now. However, you look up and notice a hook on a cable, it is connected to some mechanism that lowers it just conveniently above the treasure.

You: Well that seems way too convenient for me. 

You channel your strength and deep within you, you feel the presence of the purple shadow start to wrap around your left arm, you reach back with it, then whip your left arm forward which launches the shadowy hand out and it grabs onto a pillar beam. You feel it start to pull you up, upon nearing it, you let go and the force carries you further up. You flip mid air and land onto the beam.