Darkness Within the Eyes (Chapter 37)

*???*

After you had fallen asleep, darkness had swept you to sleep, within moments of sleep, you felt a cold breeze brush through your body. You wake up in a frantic state and sit up. Instantly, when you look around you are not in your room anymore, instead you find yourself inside some prison cell and get to your feet to grab the bars. Oddly enough, your body is somewhat translucent in dark shadows, only bits of your chest and your head are fully visible to the rest of your hazy, shadowy body. That is when a deep and gargle of a voice speaks.

Deep Voiced Man: I see that you have regained the path of your rehabilitation with a fateful encounter no? Nevertheless, you are truly remarkable with your determination when it becomes a flame in a forest, ever spreading, ferocious, and consuming.

You: Who are you..? Where am I..?

Deep Voiced Man: This... This is the Velvet Room, a place that is the in-between world of what you have already explored and that of the world that flesh sits.

You: This... Is a place that exists within the elements of Mementos and the real world..?

Deep Voiced Man: Nothing gets past you as expected, good to know you still have your wits about you. This will not be boring in the least. You may call me Igor, the one who resides here in the Velvet Room, looking over your rehabilitation, and your progress beyond it.

You: Rehabilitation? Are you talking about my condition? My struggles against a timer that seems hopeless to extend?

Igor: Your concerns about your predicament aren't unfounded, however, you have many trials ahead of you that I am looking forward to you completing. Your efforts all depend on your skills and natural intellect to solve the mystery before you, giving you all the answers to your problems. Just know that your fateful encounter has re-opened your eyes to a whole new world that you never knew could exist.

You: W..What do you mean re-opened? Are you saying something I had that I never knew I had..?

Igor: I think it's a power you forgot you had until recently awakened once again. The power instilled within you is nothing compared to the companions you have encountered throughout this journey. The power within you is something only you, a single human vessel can possess and use to the fullest of capabilities.

You: What power?

Igor: You have the power of the eyes.

You: "Power of the eyes"?

Igor: Precisely, this fateful encounter you had allowed you to seep into the world of desires and shadows. Using this power, you extend not only yourself, but your own desires into a realm of secrets and darkness. You can seek within others what the meaning of their hearts hold deep within, and with enough focus and determination, you can extend your reach to effect some hearts of others with your own involvement.

You:...!

Igor: This power is special, so please do not abuse such a power. It may lead to some.. unnecessary complications in the future...

You: B..But how do I even use it..?! It happened when I wasn't even paying much attention!

Igor: Just focus your thoughts and mind into seeing into this realm, the greater the focus on something like a person can be the focus and the power shall manifest within and present itself once you have reach that point. But our time is short, you should be prepared, your trials have already begun.

You: W..Wait! Igor!!

Within a flash, the floor below you crumbles and you fall into darkness. You fall for what feels like an eternity and try to find a sense if you need to do something. Then you suddenly remember it is a trial, making you focus on the power that this Igor has told you about.