Futaba's Memories Part 2 (Chapter 90)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Shadows swirl around your body your eyes glow a bright red through the fog of shadows. Reaching up to the mask across your face, you grab one of the horns and tear it down, breaking the mask in two, which it soon fully shatters, unleashing the full power of Kage. The large humanoid Persona stands tall behind you...

You: It has been a minute Kage... This Persona can manifest within the Cognitive World... I can do this..!

You watch as the Shadow slowly raises to its feet, feeling a little dazed it picks up its club and approaches you with a slight stumble. You reach within your shadows and grab hold of your weapon and drag it out of the fog. Pulling it out, you unveil the manifestation of Kage's blade. A straight-edge sword with the handle being twisted metal and the blade connects directly from the handle. The hilt is molded into the handle and connects the straight structure of the sword. The piercing black blade radiates in the pitch-black shadows. Your long trench coat slowly flows from the shadowy aura around you as you grip the sword tighter.

You: Let's test this out shall we..?

The Shadow approaches and swings his club toward you. Feeling the enhancing effects of a Persona, you quickly sidestep the attack with haste and mold into the shadows to counter-strike the Shadow, upsetting its balance and you launch another strike towards its torso. It reels back and flails its weapon around, dodging the attacks, you leap into the air, and slash downwards, slicing through its body and splitting it in half. Causing it to fall over defeated. Kage then slowly disperses from you.

You: I can't keep up the form for much in here... Gotta make sure to keep that in mind or find a way to make it permanent. Now... Let's free Futaba.

You walk towards a crystal and it unveils Futaba sitting in a police station. You overhear Sojiro talking about adopting her and taking her in. A smile creeps across your face as you see him take her to his home. You touch the panel and the crystal dims...

You: Two more to go-..Aaahhkkk!!

You are suddenly swept under your feet and hit the floor. Dazed you try to get up but something has a hold on your leg. You turn to look at a Shadow pulling your leg with a chain. It seems there was another threat in this tomb other than the big guy, you attempt to free yourself but the chains only grow tighter around your leg.

You: D..Damn it..! Kage..! Come out..!

Shadows swirl around you for a moment before they slowly fizzle out, it hasn't been long enough until you can reactivate your Persona. Looking for a way out, you notice the rusty sword you carried earlier was next to you. Quickly grabbing the sword you roll towards the Shadow which surprises it. Trying to attack it suddenly might throw it off its game you thought. 

You: Eat this..!

Following through a faint to call its move, you spin around and slash into the back of the Shadow. Before it can reel you with the chains you stab the sword in the chains and push back to extend the chains. You slip your leg out and pull out the sword to swing and slice into the Shadow once again. The damage is minor but enough to throw it off its game.

Taking a step back you unknowingly are struck in the back by a solid object as another Shadow crawling on all fours with a wicked neck pounces on you and pins you. Struggling from the sudden attack, you narrowly avoid getting your neck bitten by the Shadow and slip your sword from underneath you to stab the Shadow. It reels back from the pain and you roll out from under it. The sword sticks into its torso and it quickly rips it out and shatters the blade in its grip.

You: Great..! There goes my sword..! Kage any time now!

Attempting to call the shadows once more, you gather some of the energy within your hand and focus the channeling through your soul... Realizing that you can't fully recall the power, you channel a portion enough to manifest. The shadows cloak your arm and you extend back and pull forth the pitch-black blade and only that...

You: If it costs me a great deal to use the full power of Kage... Then I just need to suffice with the blade only!

Realizing that your strength isn't 100% with this method, and not having your armor leaves you in a tight spot, you make it your goal to react accordingly to the situation and raise the blade to your chest.

You: This blade needs a name doesn't it... Don't you guys think so?

The Shadows growl.

You: Right that is a good name for it. But this blade is now Shokan... And it will be the end of you!

(Shokan is the Japanese word for Redemption just so you know)

You take a step forward and face the approaching Shadows. Raising your sword you take a deep breath as your eyes slowly spark red and Shokan radiates the shadowy aura...

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! The reveal of the Persona blade for Kage is Shokan. A bit of a play on words for the situation that I think fits pretty well. The design described is more twisted and isn't a traditional sword as there is no hilt and the handle is twisted around like two vines interlocked with the blade being a thin long blade that ends at a small point. Not to the size of a rapier but only slightly thicker to avoid being one. 

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially, this not only will provide me with some sort of income, however small or large it is, that will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me, the lowest starting is 5 minimum. Entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!