Troubled Spirit (Chapter 46)

*Kaneshiro's Palace*

The Shadows rush towards you in a fury. Igniting your sword in the purple shadowy flames you launch forward and slash across the torso of one of them. They are incinerated and explode that blasts the others to the side. You blink for a second as you've never done that move before and it came out like second nature. Feeling a rush of excitement you flip into the air and channel the purple flames forward and cartwheel forward to the ground. On impact, you cause the floor to ignite in flames, consuming the shadows that get near you.

You roll to the side as a giant hammer nearly crushes you, one of the shadows reveals themselves as one of the bosses of the rest. Swinging its hammer towards you, you raise your sword and redirect the blow to make it hit it's underlings, crushing them in the walls.

It gets angry and uses one of its special abilities and it summons giant ice shards that surround you and attempt to encase you. Reacting to the situation, you glide your hand on the ignited blade which transfers some of the flames to your left palm, you grip the flames in your hand and quickly punch the floor, causing the flames to explode from your hand to create a vortex of purple flames that spread forth to defend you from the giant ice shards.

You: These new abilities aren't half bad!

You start to grow cocky as you evade the hammer once more and slip under the shadows legs and launch yourself up to slash its back. Falling to its knees, you leap over the head of the creature and plunge your sword deep within its head. The mass writhes before it dies and fades away into nothing. The other shadows try to attack but you duck under some of their swings as they nearly graze your armor.

You rip off your mask which causes your face to bleed but then suddenly from the wound explodes more purple flames that engulf your entire body. The intense radiant heat from your body causes the nearby shadows to curl in the heat and quickly fade from the intensity. The giant purple shadow hands sprout from your shoulders and slowly twirl around your arms and begin to enlarge. You launch forward and slam into a group of 5 shadows who are trapped within the giant hands and are soon crushed.

You: This power..! It's incredible!

You find yourself smiling and enjoying the feeling of this power surging throughout your body as the purple shadows darken and you feel the presence of the curse growing within your heart. Showing no care in the world about yourself, you begin to rage on into the crowds of shadows that attempt to surround you, but you evade and take care of them in seconds. Your blade slashes through multiple, the surviving ones are left to burn in your wake. You slowly approach the exit of the Palace of your own accord, a giant grin on your face. Each step you take you leave a small patch of purple flames that linger for a few moments before fading away, only leaving a burn patch on the floor.

You: This place isn't worth staying. Nothing but weaklings..!

You laugh and place your hand on your mask. It shatters along with your armor that slowly fades into nothing but dust as you exit the Meta Verse, returning to the real world. Upon opening your eyes, just a few blocks away from Kaneshiro's real location.

You: It seems like his Palace isn't ripe yet to be infiltrated at this moment. Tsk, I was hoping for a little more but I guess I can't complain. I got to let loose a bit after all. I should call Ren and let him know the situation...