Battle Plan (Chapter 77)

*Evening June 26*

Ren POV

After gathering everyone together at Leblanc. I showed everyone the letter and began discussing our options. We went on for hours if we could trust this letter but deep down we wanted to have some hope to save Y/N. None of us wanted to give up then and now so we pressed on in our hopes.

Makoto: We have to do this, we can all agree right?

Futaba: No objection here.

Ann: What kind of Phantom Thieves would we be if we couldn't pull off a rescue of our friend?

Morgana: I don't know any of this stuff but I am with you guys.

Ryuji: I'm in. I want to save my best bud!

Yusuke: If I didn't come and help, I couldn't call myself an artist anymore. The beauty of our work will shine with our efforts.

Ren: Then we all agree to go into this Cognitive World to save Y/N.

Everyone:...

Ren: I know it sounds unrealistic but honestly when has it not been? If we falter here then everything we have done up till now has been pointless.

Makoto: I just want to know who wrote this letter. I can't distinguish the handwriting of anyone I know. So I don't have a clue.

Ren: Let's not worry about who wrote it and focus on our plan to get Y/N.

Ryuji: How are we going to do that? It's a one way trip it seems like.

Ren: This is true. We can't really do any recon for once and nothing can prepare us the dangers we might face in trying to rescue Y/N. But we will have to do our best.

Ann: How will we even know we can get into the Palace?

Ren: Well me and Morgana took some time to think about the contents of this letter and if our theory is right, the Palace is only accessible from the Cognitive World.

Yusuke: Well it states that plainly.

Ren: Right but what if it also means that is the key to get in.

Makoto: Like it's rare for someone like us to be in the Cognitive World?

Ren: That is exactly what we are thinking. Why would you put in the effort to lock up the entrance when people normally can't even get to.

Ren: I thought so too but just imagine, Kage just manifested and was able to overwrite Kaneshiro's Palace with his own.

Ryuji: Which means his was stronger? No?

Ren: It is, but also it was sudden. We don't know what happened to Kaneshiro after we took his treasure but clearly he hasn't done anything since. And if Morgana told me is true, then the Palace should be incomplete as it takes time to create such a dense Palace in the first place.

Morgana: Yes, in my knowledge, it takes a significant amount of time for the Palace to be made by a single individual since their cognition of what they perceive must be lasting and strong enough to have their shadow create such a place. Since Kage is technically a unique case of shadow, and having the power of a Persona, he could produce enough reason to create such a place but since he is not also fully human anymore, it can't manifest like usual. That is why time is of the essence in this. If we are doing this, we need to do it tomorrow at the latest. 

Ren: Otherwise Kage could absorb Y/N and he will be one whole person with the ability to destroy everything based on this letter. Kage is trying to become Y/N again and I bet he's reverting back into a Shadow himself.