Makoto, My Love (Chapter 134)

(Evening July 16th)

*Your POV*

Makoto leads you into a large intersection of Shibuya. The bright lights and preparations for the upcoming festival are apparent, something you have never really experienced before. She watches your reactions closely and smiles as she finds each one cuter than the last. Her fingers lock with yours, and she playfully flirts with you.

Makoto: You seem to be enjoying yourself.

You: The same can be said of you.

Makoto: Well, I am with you, after all. This is a first for me, too, taking my boyfriend out on a night like this.

You: Makoto, you have something else planned for tonight, don't you? I can tell.

Makoto: I know we shouldn't be going to places in our school uniforms, but I didn't want to waste any time. We won't have many opportunities like this going forward, so I want to make the best of it.

You: Me too; I want to have more fond memories of my last year as a kid.

Makoto: Don't be so over dramatic silly. Where did that cool macho man I love seeing go?

You: Oh, if you are asking about him, he's more than willing to come out.

Makoto: Hmm... I'll pass for now. I am really enjoying this cute side of yours.

You: Sure, you are; it ain't like I get to see you cute on our date.

Makoto: Hehe, well, don't keep me waiting!

She takes you past the crowds, and you enter an arcade. The attraction draws you to the various games. Makoto really wanted to have an ideal date filled with games and showing off. You obliged and spent some time playing various machines and practical games with her. She may have won in pool, but you certainly bested her in darts and bowling. Other couples look at the both of you enjoying yourselves and get distracted by the energy. Ignoring the masses, you quickly finish by going to the infamous machine of all.... The claw.

Infamous for its ability to be rage inducing, money taking, and unfair mechanics. You wanted to impress Makoto so bad, it became an obsession to conquer the evils that even Tartarus refuses to hold.

Makoto: You sure you have enough money for this thing?

You: Pfft, of course, I do; I am a world-class famous detective, baby.

Makoto: Oh please, just because you got a job title like that, you get to act all cocky like that. But I think I would enjoy seeing you crumble under its might.

You: Better take back those words; otherwise, I will show you what being cocky really means.

Makoto: Oh, my mistake; I didn't figure you to be one so bold~

You: There's a lot that I haven't shown you.

Makoto: Like?

You: That's up for you to find out~

Makoto: Hehe~ You tease!

She hits your shoulder playfully, which causes you to shift the stick off your target. You hold your breath as it picks up a small bear and tries to hold on, but it quickly slips out.

Makoto: Too bad; it looks like it might be too much.

You: Hey! You hit my shoulder! No fair.