Trip Around the Heart Part 2 (Chapter 30)

*Evening May 20*

The door opens and you watch who you presume is Makoto's sister, Sae Niijima enter the room. From your own examination of her, she seems to have had a pretty long day today. So you quickly refined your posture and attempt to make a good impression.

Makoto: Hey Sis..! We just got dinner all put together.

Sae: We..?

You: Hello, I am Makoto's underclassman, Y/N L/N. It is a pleasure to meet you. I had the honor of helping make dinner with Makoto-san.

Sae: So this is him huh..?

Makoto: Y..Yeah! This is the guy I was talking about.

Sae: Well he really screams cute, I can see why you have taken a liking to him.

Makoto: *Blushes* S..Sis! It's not like that!

Sae: *Soft giggle* I am only just teasing my little sister. I am gonna freshen up in the bathroom for a second, you two can finish up and we will have dinner.

Makoto: Okay Sis!

You watch as Sae walks into the bathroom for the moment. You turn to look at a flustered Makoto who is rubbing her cheeks a bit. You laugh a bit and she gives you a pout.

You: Let's get ready for dinner shall we?

Makoto: R..Right!

After taking off the cooking attire you both were wearing, you made sure to loosen and adjust your shirt to make it look neater and sat down in one of the chairs next to Makoto. Makoto, who sees this starts to get a little more flustered but proceeds to take a seat next to you. She seems to be very nervous and starts to twiddle her fingers. She seemingly jumps from her seat when Sae walks out of the bathroom. Sae approaches the table and sits down where her plate and bowl are.

Sae: I don't remember you saying about soup with our dinner?

Makoto: O..Oh! That was all L/N-kun's idea. He used some of the ingredients and made this special for us.

Sae: You really did this?

You: I hope you like it. I made sure it went well with the main course.

Sae: I will be the judge of that young man.

You watch as she takes a few spoonfuls of the soup and blows on it softly, her expression filled with tenseness. Then she proceeds to consume the soup you made. After a small moment she thinks about the flavor and the dish itself. Her face lights up brightly and she gives a giant smirk.

Sae: It's delicious. Color me impressed.

You: Thank you for your kind words, Niijima-san.

Sae: I'm off duty, you can just refer to me as Sae-san.

You: If that is alright then Sae-san.

Makoto: Well, let's enjoy dinner!

You: Right!

All 3 of you begin to eat dinner. You watch as both girls eat with a refined palate and taste for the food. You seemed to have impressed Makoto and Sae further with your help in cooking dinner. Partway through dinner, Sae begins to speak up.