Moving Forward (Chapter 24)

*After School May 17*

Moving forward with the plan, you, Ryuji, And Ren head into Madarame's Palace and wait at the locked door once more, waiting for Ann and Morgana to do their task.

Ryuji: Hey Joker, should we really have let Panther and Mona handle the task themselves?

Ren: I have faith in them to accomplish the mission.

You: Panther may not be up for the idea to strip and model nude for Yusuke but I have full confidence in her ability to stall for time and have Mona get inside the door. We just have to wait until it is complete.

Ryuji: Well, let's hope they get it done soon, we don't have a lot of time!

You: I agree, so just get ready to book it when all the defenses are down.

After moments of waiting, sweat begins to fall from your forehead, the anticipation causing you to heat up a little. You have it perfectly timed to take your pill just as the defenses go down so you can have the boost to your power to ensure you can deactivate the system. You all wait for another moment, another, and another. Then, the Palace begins to suddenly shift and change, the door opens as well as the laser fields turn off.

Ren: Now!

You swallow the pill instantly and begin to run with Ryuji and Ren, when the burst of energy fills your system, your purple shadows burst in response and you launch yourself forward. A random shadow that is guarding the door to the system looks towards you and is caught off guard by your approach. You take out your sword and slash through its torso, severing it in half and dying.

You land and a few more guards rush at you, Ryuji leaps forward and smashes one of the guards heads with his club, Ren sneaks past and fires 2 shots into the knees of the other guards, stunning them. You look at your friends and nod with one another and leap forward to perform an All-Out-Attack with Ryuji and Ren. The shadows stood no chance as you 3 were able to dispatch them without much issue.

You: Joker! You and Skull try to deactivate the security systems! I'll guard the door!

Ren: Right!

They run into the room and look for a way to shut it off. Reinforcements arrive and begin to charge at you. You pull out your 2 Silverballer Pistols and go for brutal head shots to take them down as they approach. You fire one shot that drops a shadow and fire again to drop another. Both pistols click as they run out of ammo and you draw your sword once more. Ripping off your mask and channeling your power, you focus the energy to soak into your blade and charge it. As the remaining group of shadows approach, you twirl the blade behind you and spin before stabbing the blade into the floor, as it sticks into the floor, you unleash a wave of purple shadows to reach out and consume the shadows entirely.

You breathe heavily a bit as exhaustion from using your abilities begins to drain your stamina. In the back of your mind you curse yourself.

You: *In your head* My stamina isn't like it was anymore.. Even with Takemi's pills.. the degradation of my internal organs is making it harder to fight.. Just gotta keep pushing ahead... For my friends..!

You then hear the system begin to turn off, Ryuji and Ren run outside towards you.