Fading Away from Me (Chapter 79)

*Cognitive World*

Ren POV

After entering the premises of the Palace, we move around trying our best to avoid any conflict. I look at everyone, they are ready to keep going. I signal them to prepare in case of things get bad.

Ren: Alright.. Do we have clues on how to find Y/N?

Ann: I've got nothing at the moment Joker.

Morgana: If this place is incomplete then it should be simple to find a way to get there in the first place.

Makoto: Kage is a bit egotistical isn't he? So our best bet is that he will put himself closer to the middle and high to see everything over.

Ryuji: That makes the most sense to me. If we take a look it should be obvious right?

Makoto: That is correct. Can anyone see if there is a place we could pinpoint?

Yusuke: I think I can help with that. Let me use my artistic eyes to find our path.

Yusuke stands up and begins to overlook at our cover. We have been laying low for some time and Futaba was being anxious about the whole thing. Telling us we don't have a ton of time which we knew. So I decided to take a risky approach...

Ren: I am going to attract their attention and you guys swing around and find Kage. Give me a signal when you do so I can meet back up as soon as I can.

Makoto: No that sounds crazy Joker!

Ann: These Shadows are no joke! The ones earlier we barely could take on.

Ren: I know my limits but I also know how important this mission is. So I won't hear any counterarguments. I am the leader of this group and this is final. Yusuke how long do you think you could pinpoint a location with your skills?

Yusuke: If Oracle can help paint out all falsehoods, then it should be half an hour at least.

Futaba: If I put myself in overdrive we can get it double time.

Ren: Good enough for me. Fox is going to take the lead for you guys! Don't you dare die on me!

Makoto: Same goes for you!

I left abruptly but I needed to do this. Our group was big enough as it was so sneaking around wasn't going to cut it most of the time and we would lose too much time. So this was the best idea I could come up with. Running around the yards and through the hallways I was quicking gaining the attention of the guards. They seem to be incorporeal but they were shadows alright. They spotted me and gave chase, I let them get close and try to attack but I would narrowly dodge out of the way.

Ren: I don't have time to play, just keep your eyes on me!

Taunting them didn't do much but it made my efforts feel like they did matter still. I ducked under a desk to slip by two that tried to swing their weapons at me. One reached out and tried to grab me by the arm but I just narrowly dodged out of the way. However, I felt my running room was quickly vanishing. Too many shadows started to give chase and soon I was surrounded in the middle of the front yard. The space around me was still incomplete so parts of the Palace were still just a shadowy visage that was barely recognizable in this regard.