The Desire to Change (Chapter 50)

*Morning June 5*

After waking up in a frantic spur, Futaba shoots straight up to her feet and begins to process the events that happened in her "Nightmares"...

Futaba: Boy oh boy! What was that..! That wasn't some freak accident was it..??? Y/N was laying on the floor bleeding and wounded and I so happened to end up back here and I don't know if that was real or fake but... UGHH.. It felt so real...and if it was, I hope Y/N is okay.. Maybe I will see him again when I go to bed tonight.. I have been to that place quite a bit now so it would be likely.. Man..!! What should I do... What is Y/N doing......

*Cognitive World Your POV*

You have set out on your path from Lavenza for a little while now. With your wounds healed and not feeling fatigued from earlier encounters, you have activated Shadow Sense the entire way towards the light. Reciting Lavenza's words in your head, you slowly feel the tug of pressure within your chest, letting you know that this is the direction you should be going.

You: I will make it there soon it seems. If I am lucky, which I sometimes am not, I won't run into any trouble..

Lavenza: Have faith and confidence in your abilities..

You: I.. I didn't realize you could still talk to me.

Lavenza: Our connection is much stronger in this world, so this is not an issue for us to communicate like this.. My body may be resting but my influence is still free to do as it wishes. And I have decided to continue guiding you with my mark..

You: The blue butterfly..? I must say.. It is quite beautiful like you..

Lavenza: I will accept that compliment, however; more pressing matters are awaiting us..

You: Is it my evil twin again..?

Lavenza: If you want to refer to the other you as "evil twin", I have no arguments with it, however I must warn that you must be serious in your journey. There is many dangers ahead that you must prepare for..

You: Yeah yeah, I know the deal. With this power you have shown me, I should be fine in taking care of myself. That I know I can do.

Lavenza: I have faith..

You: Thanks.. I have faith too.

Lavenza: The danger approaches...please... don't fail...

You: With your soothing voice by my side, how could I..?

You smirk to yourself and side step to your left. Just dodging a shadow trying to grab you from behind, it looks at you confused by your movements. You open your eyes, the golden sheen still visible upon your eyes, you predict its movements as it approaches you closer and closer. Effortlessly dodging each strike towards you. With one last side step, you twist your body and raise your leg up and kick the shadow in the stomach and launch it backwards into some rubble. A few more shadows approach you and reveal their true forms as they turn into monsters.

You clench your right fist, letting it ignite in the silver blue flames before, the flames travel up your arm. Sliding your left hand down your shoulder like before, collecting the embers and sparks, forcing them back down to your palm and then you drag it across the air, leaving a streak of embers that solidify into a blade made of the flames.

The shadows attempt to use magic and summon lightning and wind to combo together. Predicting the trajectory, you dash and roll to the side, barely being hit by their attack. Getting to your feet, you grip your Rebellion and swing it forward. The blade clashes with the shadows bodies, quickly burning through and slicing through each of them, severing their torsos. They fall over and vanish.