Life Stealer (Chapter 145- End of Part 1)

(Afternoon August 29)

*Your POV*

"PERSONA"

You shout to the top of your lungs. Summoning both Bahamut and Kage at once, having both blades in your hands you rush to each shadow and strike them down. With your friends frozen still, you assume they can still be harmed in their current state. A massive Shadow lunges at Ren which you clash both blades together and unleash a beam of blue energy that swirls into a black ball, burning the shadow to dust. Turning around, you face a multitude of shadows that seem like endless spawning.

You: Just got to hold out until something!

Holding onto any hope, you push forward to attack. Strangely, your Phantom Thief attire hasn't materialized upon you. Still standing in your beach outfit, you hold both blades and strike at each shadow that approaches. As each rift that opens to spawn more shadows, you unleash a powerful beam of flames that seemingly closes the gate and harming whatever is doing so.

Breathing becomes difficult as fatigue begins to sap your strength. Forcing yourself to channel even deeper of your Persona's you unleash a violent whirlwind of black and blue flames that consumes hordes of shadows. Their hushed voices echo in your head as they speak. Unable to recognize what it is they are saying, you can't help but feel dizzy by the barrage of anguish their voices fill your head with. A chant or is it an attack that causes vertigo.

Unsure, you constantly hit yourself with your hilt to knock some sense into you. A small and bloody bump trails down your head, leaking into your ear. The throbbing pain in your head is a distraction from your real efforts. Effortlessly, you continue to defend everyone for what feels like hours. After even feeling exhausted you expand more and more of the power of your Persona's that you cough blood. The spawning of each shadow grows less, but the density of them continues to pile on.

You: Absolutely no end is there...? Fine...! You get to taste my most powerful attack; get ready!

Crushing Rebellion in your hand, you feel your limit break even further. The spirit of your Persona, Bahamut, extends his power to you. Allowing you to recreate his strength in human form. Blue-burning energy quickly turns purple and grows unstable. Leading you to feel your muscles being torn apart, but you can't think about the pain.

You: Bahamut skill! MEGA FLARE!!

Crushing the purple balls of energy in your hands, you clash them together and unleash a multiple of beams of purple energy that home in onto each shadow, instantly vaporizing them. The beams of energy rips through the portals and destroys them as well. Expanding that power left you feeling defenseless. Bahamut exhausted, leaving only Kage left with a fraction of power remaining. Cloaking yourself in the shadows, you enhance your speed and grip Shokan in your hands. With the numbers cut drastically down, you still face a mass horde of shadows.

More time passes as you cleave through each shadow. Their bodies fade away like they were nothing. Using the black flames, you unleash waves of energy that rips through the shadows and strikes the last remaining portals. After removing the final one, you drop to your knees. Your face is red with fatigue, and your body is bruised and battered by wounds. Sweat drips off your face like rain, breathing heavily and loudly.

It was several hours of severe stress and tension which had finally ended. However, this only led to more confusion as the sky was still the dull orange, purple. Who or what that did this was still around and active. That is when you felt it. After recovering enough, the presence of the Black Knight stained the area. Gripping a dull Shokan, you rise to your feet. Turning to your friends, you nod to them.