Persona Part 2 (Chapter 81)

*Kage's Palace*

Your POV

The flames fade away, you stand up barely able to stand as the burst of strength from before has faded. Kage smiles and places his hand on his face. Your friends begin to stumble towards you and surround you and face themselves at Kage...

Ren: Y/N! Are you alright?

You: My body is on fire... Does that answer your question?

Futaba: Having you back is all that matters... We need to retreat and come back when we are at 100%!

You: That's not going to happen.

Ryuji: What do you mean..!? Most of us are already one foot in the grave with these injuries... My brain is mush.

Morgana: Your brain was already mush before coming here Ryuji!

Ryuji: Shut it you silly cat!

Ann: Then what do you want us to do? Take on Kage like this?!

Yusuke: None of us are capable of fighting in our current state, and neither are you Y/N!

You: I know. But even if I wanted to leave I can't.

Makoto: What?!

You: If I leave now I will just fade away... I don't have a body anymore. I am just a corporeal essence. We are connected and he has the keys to the body. This is do or die for me and me alone.

Ren: But-

You: You guys said it yourselves... You're in no shape in fighting him. I'm not doing so hot either. But I have to do this myself. So please, trust me and leave.

Makoto: But we just got you back! What if you don't win!?

You: Then I will make sure he won't either. I'll stop him no matter what...

Makoto: No I can't leave-

You stop her dead in her words as you pull her into a kiss. She lets down her guard and kisses back and embraces you. You break away and turn away from her, smiling at yourself. Your friends stare a little embarrassed and don't know what to say or do...

You: Trust me. I'll handle this...

Ren: Alright. Come on guys... This place is becoming unstable the longer it stays and we won't make it if we don't hurry up!

Morgana: Alright! Everyone hop on! I'll drive us down the slope!

Everyone starts running and dragging Makoto with them. She reaches out towards you and with tears in her eyes, she begs for you to come with but you drown everything out as you watch as Kage is laughing to himself as this was all happening. Left bare, you are shirtless with only your pants and boots. Your hair is a mess and your face shows signs of exhaustion...

Kage: Are you done with your whole reunion..?

You: Yes. Now it's time to finish this... Once and for all...

Kage: I have my Persona... You have nothing but the skin on your back.

You: I have my friend's faith and trust in me. That is more than enough to beat you. I won't be backing down and I won't lose either.

Kage: *Laughs* You remind me of the time I thought the same... But the world is just as cruel and you must be ruthless if you want to make your mark in the world. That is why I want to destroy this pitiful place and cause endless chaos!