Redemption (Chapter 36)

*After School May 28*

After sitting down with Maruki, he pulled out a few little snacks for you and began to discuss some topics and things with you..

Maruki: It has come to my understanding that you have decided to move onto an advanced classes to graduate this year, is that right?

You: It is. They accepted my perfect test score and decided to allow me to attempt the final exam at the end of the school year to see if I know enough to pass school.

Maruki: Must be nerve racking huh?

You: Nerve racking? Not at all. Why do you say that Doc?

Maruki: I can tell in your eyes and your how your body language tells me that something is dragging you down, and my assumption was all the school stuff.

You: No it isn't that still, just dealing with some aspects of my life I guess.

Maruki: And what would that be then?

You: I just feel kinda hopeless and useless to everyone.

Maruki: What do you mean? You are top of all of your classes and from what Takamaki, Sakamoto, and Amamiya-kun has told me.

You: W..What?

Maruki: Mhm, when I was talking with them, each and everyone of them referenced you as someone they depend on to help them out even when you don't need to. They clearly see you as a great friend. I hope you continue to do so. So don't don't yourself useless, you are far from it.

You: Well what if I lost the ability to support them to the fullest? I can't give them anything in my current state.

Maruki: Why do you think you are in the state you are in?

You: Well I gave it my all and then some when I helped them out.. and it left me with barely anything afterwards, I just don't have it in me to help them even if I wanted to.

Maruki: Maybe you are looking at it with the wrong sense of direction?

You: Excuse me..?

Maruki: Now now, I am only trying to help you out.

You: I know..

Maruki: I can sense that you are struggling with yourself at every step you make and it is causing this rift within you to not get that ability to come out yes?

You: Something like that..

Maruki: Well I think you should let go of the regrets and issues you acquired and look forward to in the future. Sometimes the past is just an anchor that drags us down when we try to move forward, if you don't cut it off soon you might drown in the present, cutting off the future you desire.

You: The future I desire?

Maruki: Well in theory, yes. There is a future you hope for right? I mean you are still a young 18 year old, it is always a positive to keep moving forward and achieve that realm of possibility to have the future you want to have. So what is it that you would like..?

You: I have already aimed for my goals before and I think I did a good job at getting them.

Maruki: Just tell me about it, maybe you'll find something to help you out.

You: Well...

You think about what you wanted to achieve in your life, regardless of the time limit you have currently...