Uncanny Reunion (Chapter 63)

*Afternoon June 9*

You had prepared today for the social studies trip to the TV station with your friends. You attend with Ren, Ryuji, Ann, and a hidden Morgana to the trip. Everything goes just as you expect, simple tour of the studio and you idle your way through the day.

Ryuji: Isn't this a little boring?

You: Ehh.. I think it's a bit interesting you know?

Ren: You would know since you model Ann.

Ann: Me..? Well.. I don't usually go to TV studios for shoots but I did appear on some TV just as a face for a shot in some random crime show, nothing too serious.

Morgana: I bet it was cool to see yourself on TV though!

Ann: Maybe but I think it wasn't special. I didn't act or anything.

You: Well you did something we haven't so I guess that must be special in the long run.

Ryuji: Yeah!

Ann: W..Well if you say so.

Ren: Well I am the only one here who got arrested.

Everyone:.....

Ren: Bad joke.

You: Bad joke indeed.

Ryuji: I uhh.. Yeah. Got nothing for that.

Ann: Same here.

You: At least none of you been in a coma.

Ren: Why do I feel like this conversation has derailed far from what it should have been.

Ryuji: That's because we already crashed and burned.

Ann: And the mood is sour.

Morgana: Man.. You humans are pretty grim you know that?

Ryuji: Aren't you human too? Or are you now implying that maybe you are actually a cat?

Morgana: S..Shut up! You know what I meant! You people!

You: *Laughs a bit* Enough of the idle jokes, we should be heading back to school soon.

Ann: We still have tomorrow, apparently we are gonna have a guest star coming tomorrow.

Ryuji: For real?!

You: Oh? I didn't hear of this.

Ren: Yeah. It's the Prince Detective, Goro Akechi. The guy has made a name for himself as a young detective.

You: G..Goro Akechi..? Hmm...

Ann: Do you know him by chance Y/N?

You: Not really just.. I am going to be working as a Junior Detective this upcoming Monday and from the day on.

Ren: You mentioned this in the past, what has this got to do with Akechi?

You: Well Sae-san mentioned someone she worked with... I must be over thinking it.. Don't mind me.

Ryuji: If you say so..

You: Don't worry about it. Let's go.

The day ends as you all arrive back at school and end the rest of the day and head on home. You kept thinking to yourself about Akechi...

You: I wonder.. If this man is the one Sae-san mentioned.. If so I should get to know him if I am going to be working closely with him..