Unprepared Assault (Chapter 72)

*After School June 22*

After spending a few days talking with your friends about infiltrating Kaneshiro's Palace, the time was set for today. Heading towards the location you begin to discuss with yourselves.

Ren: So you're saying his treasure is already revealed?

You: That is correct. And it should still be opened after that calling card we sent. So we should be good to go once we enter.

Morgana: I hope you're right about this Y/N.

You: Trust me, we won't get a better chance to bring him down now.

Ann: It's been awhile since we became the Phantom Thieves together like this. You've been busy with your own work and helping us in the background.

You: Being support and collecting intel can be just as powerful or better than being on the front lines.

Ryuji: Way to go man! I knew we could count on you!

Makoto: We just need to head in and find his treasure right?

Futaba: From what I gathered from Y/N's reports, it should be locked up in some giant vault. However, thanks to Y/N doing some work before hand, it's a straight shot to it.

You: Now we need to worry about is a resist force, guarding the safe itself.

Yusuke: This all seems well and good, but are you sure it will be that simple?

You: I am pretty sure I made it as easy as we can to reach it. If we have to confront Kaneshiro's Shadow to get to it won't be anything out of the picture. Might as well be ready for a fight.

Ann: It does puzzle me that you are able to keep up with this while working as a Detective.

You: Oh don't worry, I am investigating this case against Kaneshiro so all we are doing is helping me catch the man I am after. Sure enough it won't matter when the public knows it was us who did this.

Morgana: Well whatever the case may be, we have a set goal in mind.

Everyone: Right!

You pick up the pace and soon Ren takes out his phone and turns on the app to send you guys into the Palace. The world shifts and distorts into a twisted version of your world. You see your friends in their gear as well as yourself. Adjusting your equipment, you head out in front, climbing a tall staircase towards a floating bank in the sky.

You: Who would know this is the Palace.

Makoto: It's a bit egotistical isn't it.

Ren: You got that right. I don't like what I am seeing here.

Ann: I just feel a little disgusted looking at it.

Ryuji: Welp!! It doesn't matter cause we are gonna rip it down! Ready or not, we're coming for you Kaneshiro!

Futaba: The energy here is maybe a little much for me to handle right now.

You: Don't worry Futaba, we got everything going fine.

Futaba: That's not what I am worried about.

You: If it's Ryuji screwing the plan don't worry, I know he can handle it.

Ryuji: Hey! I am not useless you hear!?

You: *Chuckling* No one said any of the sort. Come on, we don't have all day.

Yusuke: Take heed, we must be on guard for anything.

You: That's right. Now let's go!

Upon reaching the entrance, all of you enter into the front lobby which seems barren and empty of any loafers. After scoping the place, you lead the group to a giant elevator that takes everyone down towards the massive vault underneath the main building. It is when you start to feel a slight increase of tightness in your chest. You quickly cover your mouth as you begin to cough, muffling the sounds as best you can. No one seems to notice and you quickly reach into your pocket and pull out a bottle of pills..