Feeling Light (Chapter 132)

(Evening July 14th)

*Your POV*

After spending time with your friends after school, you take Makoto to the station and bring her back home. On the way there, she held your hand softly and leaned into you. Wearing a smile on your face, you give her a couple of kisses before saying goodbye. It takes you another trip on the train station to head to Yongen-Jaya, Shibuya. Stopping by Leblanc for a moment. Futaba sits on a stool to greet you, along with Ren, who works behind the counter.

Ren: Hey, Y/N. Just stopping by?

You: Yeah, I figured I would get something to eat before heading back home.

Ren: Well, what can I do for you?

You: Just serve me the house special.

Ren: Curry it is.

Plopping next to you, Futaba, playing on her phone, leans on your shoulder. You gently pat her head, and she smiles brighter.

Futaba: Mmmm....Thats nice.

You: Well, we haven't seen each other for a few days now. Guess you needed the comfort.

Futaba: Ever since we freed everyone, it seemed like things have calmed down for a while.

You: True. But knowing how things go, it won't be long until we become the Phantom Thieves once more.

Ren: We can focus on our lives a bit more. Nothing wrong with that.

You: Yeah, I think it is time to start working for the future.

Ren: Why do you say that?

You: I'll be stepping up my work and get more cases at the office. My time with you guys is going to be shorter.

Futaba: Whaaaat?!

Ren: Futaba, chill.

Futaba: Chill like a cucumber but whaaatttt?

Ren: *Sighs*

You: Just feeling a bit off recently.

Ren: Is it due to the Cognitive World?

You: It seems so. I spent too much time there than I should have, and now it has made it harder for me to live a normal life again. I need to recover from it, and I also need to focus on being a detective. If any cases get filed for you guys, I'll be sure to let you know.

Futaba: I can always hack the info.

Ren: Don't want any possible mistakes doing that Futaba. Having someone on the inside to give us info on something against us should help—no risk of tracing back to us too.

Futaba: Poop... I wanna hack some more.

Ren: You do understand the exact words you just said?

Futaba: Understand what exactly?

Ren: Yeah, that sums that up. No hacking the police.

Futaba: Finneeeee!

You: Where's Sojiro, by the way? Did he take today off?

Ren: He needed to make a quick run to the store for some supplies. Said he would be back soon.

A few moments pass, and Ren carries a hot steaming plate of curry and sets it in front of you. The smell is lovely, and you quickly dig in. The food barely cools down as you finish it in record time. Ren and Futaba raise their eyebrows in wonderment. You notice their stares and get a little embarrassed.

You: Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude like that.

Ren: No, that is quite alright. Didn't expect you to like it that much.

You: I've actually been hungry all day.

Ren: Did you not eat breakfast?

You: Umm... Not quite.

Futaba: Hmm?

You: N-Never mind about me. I should get going. Send Sojiro my regards.

Futaba: See ya!

Ren: See you tomorrow.

Leaving Leblanc, you head over to your home and enter. It has been a few days since you last slept in this bed, and you quickly fall into a deep sleep. It overtakes you instantly until the morning sun rises.

(Morning July 15th)

Getting ready for school and exams, you freshen up with a shower and soon head out for the station. Running into Ren, who is a little tired from a short night's rest. Talking to him briefly about some off hand topics, you quickly arrive to the next station and walk to school from there.

(After School)

Another day done with exams, you check in on your friends and find Ryuji lying on his stomach. He grumbles as he feels defeated. Morgana jumps out of Ren's bag and pats his head while berating him, which, of course, causes Ryuji to fire back. Ann laughs along with Makoto. Ren and you find time to enjoy the moment before you take Makoto back home like before. Giving her a kiss after leaving, you head home and fall asleep for the last day of exams.

(Morning July 16th)

Waking up for the next morning, the odd feeling of time has escaped you. Another side effect of being in the Cognitive World so much is that it has confused your sense of time, and the days have escaped you without fully appreciating each one. Only bits and pieces are remembered. Grabbing your stash of pills from Takemi, you swallow one to hope they still work on this.

After a brief moment, the fixation of time dies down, and the speed of your processing brain begins to slow down, and you relax. A deep sigh escapes your lips as you fall back onto the bed. Another moment passes, and you get up from your bed to take part in your final day of exams...