Futaba's Memories Part 5 (Chapter 93)

*Cognitive World*

Your POV

Running up the steps, you are followed by Futaba who covers her ears every time the screams of her mother wailed in the distance. You slowed your pace for Futaba, she stops right next to you and places her hand on yours...

Futaba: W...What if we have to face her?

You: Don't worry, I am here for you alright? Besides, I know your mom wouldn't say those things to you. Sojiro spoke highly of her after all...

Futaba: Sojiro...

You: Let's finish this. You and me.

Futaba: Co-op mode engaged!

You: Damn straight!

You give her a fist bump and continued racing up the stairs.

Reaching the top you are presented a giant pillar in the middle of this last room with some scripture talking about Futaba.

You: This must be the last crystal. If we break this then we are free from this place.

Futaba: How can you be so sure?

You: It freed you before, so it can do it again for both of us. Question is... How do we turn this thing off? I don't see a switch like before.

Futaba: Let's give it a quick look.

Splitting off, you examine the pillar of text for a moment trying to see the same panel as before with the switch to turn it off but come to no such thing. Futaba looks around and finds nothing as well. So you take this moment to read the text...

Text: Fear is a chain that grips the soul and is torn asunder when presented in front of truth. To free the bonds that keep the soul, one must accept the truth and press forward.

You: Riddle huh? Well shit, I think I might need your help for this once and for all.

Futaba: What you got?

You: I think this last crystal is meant for you. I can't do anything until you face the truth.

Futaba: What truth?

You: If I have to guess... It's your Mother Futaba. Wakaba.

Futaba: M...Mother... I don't know if-

You: You have to..! Otherwise, we are stuck here forever. 

Futaba: But-..!

You: *Sighs* I know how much it must have hurt losing her, not to mention you are held up with bad memories of her that misrepresent her. But the truth is that... She loved you dearly.

Futaba gets emotional as you speak. You can tell the crystal reacts to this and starts to glow within the pillar. Knowing it's working, you grab Futaba and pull her into a hug.

Futaba:...! Y...Y/N? *Blushing hard*

You: I need you to understand... That your Mother loves you very much...

Tears begin to fall down your eyes. Little did she know but the vivid memories of seeing Wakaba in her final moments as she calls out to Futaba before her cognition dies haunts you. Pain and regret fill your chest as you hold onto Futaba tightly. She senses the uneasy tension within you and hugs you back. She begins to cry into your chest and begins to speak while trying to calm down...